Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

how to configure SIP server with Windows Messenger 5
ramponis
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: how to configure SIP server with Windows Messenger 5 Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version: Sip Server 2.0.7.2/217

2. Java version: 1.6.0_01

3. OS type and the version: Windows XP

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved: UT starcom F1000

5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html : Pattern1

6. Your problem: I whant to use in my home-network 2 pc with windows messenger 5 and 1 voip handset (UT starcom F1000) with sip server.

I have installed in the first pc the SIP server and windows messenger. I have also installed the messenger on the second pc.
I am not able to configure the server correctly to work.
The messenger on the pc can login but if i try to send a text message for a pc to the other it do not arrive to destination without error.

I want also configure my little network to do audio call from mesenger to my handset.

There are a lot of options in configuration, and i do not understand the meaning Embarassed

Excuse me, but i nedd your help

There is a guide to do this?

Thank you Wink
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Yes, there are a lot of configuration settings in the sip server, but fortunately you don't have to change any of them to do what you are trying to do. You probably can't put windows messenger and brekeke on the same machine since i believe they will both fight over port 5060, so if you can figure out how to make windows messenger use port 5061 then you can use it. Each messenger must register to the sip server with a different user id. Example 1000 with password 1234 for the first and 1001 with the password 1234 for the second. Are you able to get both to register to the sip server?

Also, disable windows firewall on both machines to make sure firewall is not stopping packets.

Nick
peterduytai
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello

Now you can do something below :

Tool--> Options--> Accounts--> Check Button My contacts include user of SIP Communications Service
Sign-in name: your_account@IP_ SIP_Server

Click Advanced--> Check button Configure Settings
Type IP_SIP_Server, check button UDP..

try again

Good luck and take care

ramponis
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have installed the SIP server and the windows messenger 5 on a pc. I have also installed windows messenger 5 an other pc.
I have configurated the 2 messenger to use sip server.
The two messenger can login to SIP server, but i can not send a text message from one pc to the other.
What's wrong in my SIP server configuration?

If all will work... can i use my pc in office to login to my sip server at home?
Then, can i use messenger from my office?

In my home i have an adsl router and in my office i have an other internet connection with an other adsl router. Can i do some configuration to do this?

Thank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1