Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

Ringing two phones
pault
Brekeke Addict

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Ringing two phones Reply with quote

Hi,

I've upgraded to the new version of OnDO SIP SERVER.

I've been playing about with dial plans, and want to request an enhancement for the next version.

When you created a deploy patters with two "To" fields, only the first phone rings.

I want to be able to ring two phones and connect the call to which ever phone answers first.

Would this be possable?

Thanks, Paul.
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good suggestion. I'm not sure if you know this but I thought I'd post it anyway. The PBX does ring multiple phones at the same time and the price for a 20 user system is only about $20 more than the Sip server alone.

Nick
pault
Brekeke Addict

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voipwell.com wrote:
Good suggestion. I'm not sure if you know this but I thought I'd post it anyway. The PBX does ring multiple phones at the same time and the price for a 20 user system is only about $20 more than the Sip server alone.
Nick,

Thanks for your reply.

I understand that this may be considered a PBX feature, but what I would really like to see is the ability to register two phones with the same username and password and have them both ring when that number is dialled.

This is called parallel ringing and not ring groups as implemented in the PBX version. With ring groups, you can ring individual phones, or the group as a whole. With parallel ringing, all phones registered with that number ring and you can't call just one. Most VOIP provided will support this, but ONDO SIP Server dose not Sad

Any application of parallel ringing would be when you have a SIP phone on your desk and a softphone on your laptop. When your at the office you take calls using the desk phone, but when out of the office you can still recieve calls on the same number using the softphone.

Any chance either of these requests could be implemented in the next version?

Thanks, Paul.
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,

I agree that multiple registrations is a simple solution for multiple ringing. I have speculated that Brekeke doesn't allow it because they control their pbx licenses with registrations. Another feature that may be suffering from this is "shared call line appearance" which i think requires multiple registrations on a single user id. I think they are probably pondering how to get around this and posts like yours are surely being seen by the people at Brekeke that are guiding the product. I have been longing for shared call appearance and hope this will soon be addressed.

Nick
mexsip
Brekeke Talented

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Paul,

What you want is really a pbx feature which is support by brekeke pbx: ring groups.

the way sip works and how brekeke handles the registration it will never work as you suggested. 2 AU's with same userid/pwd.

Brekeke will always use the last registered one.

Pablo.
pault
Brekeke Addict

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mexsip wrote:
the way sip works and how brekeke handles the registration it will never work as you suggested. 2 AU's with same userid/pwd.

Brekeke will always use the last registered one.

Thanks for your reply, but I'm sad to hear your answer.

You say its partly to do with the way SIP works, but that can't be true as other SIP providers are offering this feature, such as SIPGATE.

More and more companies are starting to offer free VOIP PBX software, so you need to make sure you listen to your current customers in order that they don't jump ship in faviour of a free, feature rich PBX.
mexsip
Brekeke Talented

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Paul,

Maybe you can archive your goal by using the java plugin, to make your own call fork program.

When an invite is sent: lookup in the user database the second entry of the number you want to call and send an invite to this one as well, but make sure you don't get into a loop.

Maybe Brekeke will support this feature in the future.

good luck,

Pablo.
pault
Brekeke Addict

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mexsip wrote:
When an invite is sent: lookup in the user database the second entry of the number you want to call and send an invite to this one as well, but make sure you don't get into a loop.

Maybe Brekeke will support this feature in the future.

Pablo,

That sounds great and its exactly what I want to do.

Unfortunatly my Java skills aren't that great, so if Breke could implement this in the SIP SERVER product that would be super.

Thanks, Paul.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1