Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke PBX Forum

G729 Endpoints?
commstechadmin
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: G729 Endpoints? Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version:

Brekeke PBX, Version 2.0.7.0 , Basic
Users: 40 , Concurrent: 20 , G.729: 2

OS type and the version:
Windows 2003 Enterprise

Your problem:

1.) Recently upgraded to Ver 2.0.7.0 with 2 (G729 endpoints)
from ver 1.x.x.x,

Our SIP/PBX is connected to a ITSP Carrier which can handle up to 1,000 simultaneous call.

ARS are the following:

Pattern Out:

Matching Pattern
sip:011(.+)@

Deploy pattern:

"$1"<sip:$1@69.xx.xx.xx>

We are using only ONE ARS to route outgoing call to our ITSP. Our ITSP only support G729. The G729 endpoints license we purchase is TWO.

Evrything is working fine, except for one thing. We noticed when there are two active session already. And we try to make call which is the 3rd session the calls wont go through.

IS this because we only have TWO G729 endpoints license??

Can you explain further the meaning of ENDPOINTS?

Is ENDPOINTS means number of session?

2.) If the answer above is YES, how can we purchase for additional G729 endpoints license ONLY? There is no option on your web site for purchasing the G729 addional license.
mexsip
Brekeke Talented

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

seems to me a sales question: sales@brekeke.com

good luck,

Pablo.
commstechadmin
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI mexsip,

My post is both technical and sales. Have you try using the G729 optional Addons? Were more concern with the technical explanation on our above problem.

Hi janet,

Your sales dept responded to us via email, but we need a technical explanation on my above posting. Were more concern on the technical side.

To summarized our problem:

Weve been using the ONDO SIP/PBX 1.xx for 3 years already, last week we upgraded to Ver2.x. and also purchase 2 license for G729.

We have 2 setup,

1.) All our clients who are using VOIP ATA box just used the SIP portion of the ONDO PBX. We dont have a problem on this one because all the codec conversion is done by the voip ATA. SIP server simply pass through the traffic without codec conversion.

2.) We have a prepaid clients (works just like calling card)

DID ITSP Provider--->ONDOPBX-->SIP basedTelecomCarrier (g729)
(G711)

Client dial our PSTN DID number. Our DID provider forward the call to our ONDO PBX. It goes to an autoattendant asking for their PIN NUMBER.

If the PIN is valid it goes again to an autoattendant that will ask for the destination number. Our DID provider uses G711 codec, we need to convert this one to G729 codec to forward the call to our SIP based Telecom carrier provider to distribute the call to PSTN worldwide.

We are using only one ARS to route call to our Telecom provider. Max session is 1,000.

for testing we purchase 2 G729 license.
We make one call. Call the DID number enter pin and enter destination number. Evrything goes well.

While the first call is online we tried to make second call. The call is drop. On the logs we can see that it is using G711 for the second call and our Telecom provider simply dropped the call for codec mismatch.

My simple question is for 2 G729 license, does it represent one call only? Your sales guy told me that 1 G729 endpoints represent one UA endpoints.

On the PBX call logs session, the first call we make in the UA part of the GUI interface it has 3 UA there. The "DIDnumber","ivrxxx" and the "destination number".

If ley say we expect 1,000 concurrent user does it mean we need to purchase 2,000 G729 endpoint license?

This is important for us because our plan is to route all our 1,000 client to ONDO PBX.

By the way for testing purposes we purchase 10 more G729 endpoints license. We are able to have 5 concurrent users now. So i guess we dont have any problem with our Telecom provider using the G729 codec.

mexsip
Brekeke Talented

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

The pbx works as a b2b UA, this means there are 2 sessions:
UA <-> pbx, pbx <-> itsp.

Both sessions are using a g729 license on pbx side, UA and ITSP have there own license.

Maybe you can configure RTP off, so that rtp stream go directly between UA and ITSP (i'm not sure if that affects your calling card setup), I'm not sure if that will result in only one session UA <-> ITSP.

or use G711 for UA <-> pbx and g729 for pbx <-> itps.
pbx can do codec conversion.

hope this helps a little.

Pablo.
commstechadmin
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried already your suggestion, it doesnt work.

I tried to just bypass the PBX and on the SIP dial plan i force it to be G729 "net.rtp.audio.payloadtype=18" On the logs it show codec mismatch.

DID ITSP (G711)<---->PBX<------>ITSP (G729)

We need to turn ON the rtp, on pbx so that PBX convert the G711 to G729.

Our DID ITSP offer only G711 and our Carrier ITSP offer only G729.

Turning it OFF the rtp on PBX will not work since it will not convert the codec from G711 to G729.

Thanks Pablo

Just wondering why brekeke took a while before answering this post.
cgwright
Brekeke Addict

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi CommsTechAdmin

Did the sales guy tell you how to purchase additional endpoints? We have bought a licence for PBX already, but I think we will need to add some G729 to the setup to use low bandwidth WAN links.

Thanks
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send an email to sales@brekeke.com requesting more g729 endpoints with your license number.
commstechadmin
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Voipwell,

We end up buying additional G729 endpoints two months ago. Our system works fine since march.

Just got one question, On our current setup:

DID ITSP (G711)<---->PBX<--->ITSP(a-z provider) (usingG729)

Were not using any ATA box.

We used PBXver2 and purchase one G729endpoint license. During our test. We iniate call from our DID ITSP connect to our PBX. On the logs of PBX it show it is using G711.. Then it goes to an IVR, then goes out again to our A-Z ITSP provider this time using G729 codec.

We are encountering codec mismatch on logs on connection to our (A-Z provider) on our testing. It should only used one G729 license right?

Anyway we purchase additional license and it solved the problem.
We tested 7 concurrent call it goes well on our 20 G729 license.

Each call on our setup uses 2 G729 based on our test. Did you try this kind of setup before?
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Glad you solved your problem. I think the endpoint licensing is confusing since it requires more knowledge of the system than most of us care to have. Smile

Your did provider sends you the call via g711 the pbx sends the call to your ua g729 so that's one endpoint. If the provider sent it to you g729 would cause you to need two license for two endpoints, 1) provider 2) ua. But since you get the call g711 you only need 1 end point license to go to ua.

Your a-z is different. You need 1 license to go from ua to pbx(1st end point) and another license to go from pbx to provider(2nd end point) since your ua and provider use g729. If your provider used g711 then you would only need one license for ua which runs g729 and no license for provider.

I assume you are providing services to your users outside your local lan of brekeke server. If not and your users are in local lan then you could have them use g711 and only the a-z provider use g729 then you could save money on licenses but I assume you have remote users so that won't work.

Nick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke PBX Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1