Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke PBX Forum

DIAL PLAN
damatta
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: DIAL PLAN Reply with quote

Was using these SIP Server Dial Plans with our ITSP without any problem:

<Dial Plan 1>

Matching Patterns
$request = ^REGISTER
From = sip:60330999
Deploy Patterns
&net.registrar.upper.allow = true
$action = register
&.net.registrar.upper.url = sip.borderproxy.com.br

<Dial Plan 2>

Matching Patterns
$request = ^INVITE
To = sip:60330999@sip.borderproxy.com.br
Deploy Patterns
To = sip:603309999@200.155.18.228:5061

<Dial Plan 3>

Matching Patterns
$request = ^INVITE
From = sip:60330999
To = sip:(.*)@
$register = false
Deploy Patterns
To = sip:%1@sip.borderproxy.com.br
$auth = off
From = "60330999"<sip:60330999@sip.borderproxy.com.br>

Now upgraded to PBX and noticed that this default Dial Plan blocks incoming calls from DIDs when logged as SIP Server user (not PBX's):

<To PBX>

Matching Patterns
$request = ^INVITE
Deploy Patterns
$target = localhost:15060

Any help deeply apreciated.

Thanks Smile ,

Rod.
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

You don't need those dial plans when you have the pbx. Use the ARS to register to your providers and in patterns for the did's.
damatta
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes we do since there are non-PBX users...
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the to pbx dial plan is placed below the other dial plans, the other dial plans will be executed first and never get to the pbx dial plan. The order they appear in the list is important.
damatta
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PBX default dialplans are the last ones currently but, PBX functions work properly when they are activated. As mentioned above, one of thoses dialplans (To PBX) blocks DID incoming calls to non-PBX users... Sad
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh damatta,

You should never be sad using Brekeke because you can do so much more with it than competing systems. Let me see if I can put a smile back on your posts Smile

You need to disable all the dial plans that you used to use when you only had the sip server. Then, set up your isp in the PBX ARS. I think you didn't understand that you can use the ars to receive calls from your isp and direct them to non pbx users. Just follow the same directions on setting up your itsp and sending the calls to users as if the users were set up on the pbx. The setup is exactly the same. The only difference is you don't get all the pbx features when the call comes in like hunting and voicemail and such. AND the best part is non pbx users can make calls using the pbx ARS to your itsp. Brekeke had no intention of choking features away from non pbx users because they are all class!

Now, I understand that it is sometimes confusing how the PBX and Sip Server interact, but in fact they are much more integrated then the screens lead you to believe.

Hey, I hope this helps.
damatta
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Smile ! One more question: these non-PBX users calls decrease the number of PBX concurrent calls?
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no, now I may have a frown from that question. I didn't think of that. Yes, I would guess that non pbx users calling thru the ARS might reduce the number of concurrent calls. So, while pbx basic edition supports half as many simultaneous calls as the number of users licensed, you could only have 20 users for 10 simultaneous calls. Non PBX users would scale to about 100 users for 10 simultaneous calls since calling averages run about 10% of extensions. It's better but not ideal. But, I'm not 100% sure if non pbx users affect maximum concurrent calls. If so then you would need to keep the outgoing sip server dialplans to avoid non pbx users using the ars for outgoing. Even if you couldn't use the pbx for incoming for non pbx users, you could still use the sip dial plan to handle incoming without going thru the pbx but you would have to pay close attention to the matching patterns to make sure your custom dial plans picked up the calls before the standard to and from pbx dial plans did.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke PBX Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1