Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke PBX Forum

Request to add support to override ARS REGISTER Target
tmacdonald
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Request to add support to override ARS REGISTER Target Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version: PBX 2.0.7.2
3. OS type and the version: Windows 2003 R2

My VoIP service provider uses border gateways to provide redunancy in its network. They require that I register using a URI having one server (DNS) name but send the actual packet to another server. I tried using the Proxy Address field to store the name for the second (border gateway) server but this causes the contents of the SIP packet itself to be modified (which they don't accept).

I was able to do a work-around by using a Dial-Plan rule to change the server target for Register packets. However, it would be a lot more convenient to have the ARS page include a Target field in the Register section similar to the OUT patterns section. Can this request be added to your development "wish list"?

Tom MacDonald
peng
Brekeke Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can set proxy address at ARS setting.
I am using v2.1(beta) and it works fine.
tmacdonald
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changing the Proxy Address setting does indeed change where the REGISTER message is sent, but is also changes the SIP header. My service provider insists that the server name that is part of the URI be the only server contained within the SIP message and that the message be redirected to his proxy server transparently. I had to do this with a SIP Server dial-plan rule, but this is not convenient.

I was hoping that a new Target parameter could be added to the REGISTER section of the ARS page that would work the same as the Target parameter works on the OUT Pattern section.
peng
Brekeke Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How it works if you use 2.1 beta ?
I think It's SIP stack was improved a lot.

Otherwise, you can set $target paramter
at SIP server dialplan.
tmacdonald
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't tried 2.1 beta because I have a production environment. If this feature is there, then I am happy. I only am posting here because I think this would be a good feature for ARS.

I am already using the $target parameter of the SIP Server dialplan as a work-around. However, I prefer not to have to set up special dialplan rules for each external service provider.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke PBX Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1