Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke PBX Forum

SIP CANCEL not working with Win32 RTC based SIP phones
ittiam
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: SIP CANCEL not working with Win32 RTC based SIP phones Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version:
Brekeke SIP Server (bundled with PBX 2.X)

2. Java version:

3. OS type and the version:
Windows XP Professional

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:
Windows RTC based clients

5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html :
Pattern 1

6. Your problem:
Two Windows RTC based SIP phones PhoneA and PhoneB are registered with Brekeke SIP server. PhoneA makes a call (SIP INVITE) to PhoneB, but decides to cancel (SIP CANCEL) the call before PhoneB picks up. In this case, PhoneB does not stop ringing. i.e., PhoneB is not able to understand the CANCEL message relayed via Brekeke SIP.

We have captured the SIP packets at the servers network interface. We see that the CANCEL that originates from PhoneA is being relayed to PhoneB. When PhoneB receives this, it returns a "481 Call Leg/Transaction Does Not Exist" error message, and the call continues to ring (since the dialog has not been cancelled).

This problem does not occur when the call is made directly between the two phones. The CANCEL works properly.

Please let us know if there is some way to solve this.

Notes:
- This installation of Brekeke PBX has been upgraded from a 1.5.X to a 2.0.X installation as per the upgrade instructions on your website.

- We have also noticed that the CSeq in the SIP header of the CANCEL message is being incremented by Brekeke SIP server. Could this be a source of the problem?
ittiam
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Is there any update on this?

This is somewhat urgent, can you please help us out ASAP? Please do let me know if I should be contacting you through some other channel.
peng
Brekeke Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

> - We have also noticed that the CSeq in the SIP header of the CANCEL message is being incremented by Brekeke SIP server. Could this be a source of the problem?

I think it should not happen.
Does the same thing happen if you use another type of sipphone ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke PBX Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1