Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

Windows Messenger on 2nd PC not connecting
jrl
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 5:25 am    Post subject: Windows Messenger on 2nd PC not connecting Reply with quote

1. Brekeke SIP Server: 2.0.4.1/206

2. Java version: 1.5.0_10

3. OS type and the version: Windows XP

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved: Windows Messenger(V5) on 2nd PC

5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html : Pattern1

6. Your problem: I have installed the SIP server and set up WMessenger on the server PC and all seems OK (Server is active, Messenger can sign in and appears as a client with a port assignment in the admin tool).

I have tried setting up WM on a 2nd PC in the LAN, but I cannot get WM to sign in, and it keeps coming back with the notification 'You have been signed out of the SIP Communications Service because that service has been temporarily shut down. Please try again later'.

I have followed all instructions, firewalls are disabled (both PCs can ping each other, and perform other remote tasks such as uVNC). I do have other services running on the SIP server (Apache, Jetty, uVNC and HMail, but even shutting these down and restarting SIP makes no difference).

The only thing that I am really not clear on is what I have to do in terms of registering a new client on the server. When I try adding a client for the 2nd PC ity appears without any ACCEPT pattern. I have also tried unsuccessfully to login without adding a client to the server. Any help greatly appreciated.
jandoe
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.

I've got absolutely the same problem. Don't anybody have an idea to solve the problem?? It's very important.

Thanks
Jan
jandoe
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't anybody know that problem???
miakoro
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi;
I had this problem.
I disabled xp FireWall and problem solved.
Try It!.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1