Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

Voice Codec
vikkosung
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: Voice Codec Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version: SIP Server 2.0.7.2/217

2. Java version: 1.6.0_03

3. OS type and the version: WindowsXP

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved: Router w/CO lines

5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html :

6. Your problem: Now I can make calls with g.711. Can I change the voice codec to g.729a on SIP server?
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The easiest way is to have your ua insist on g729. As long as the destination supports it then brekeke sip server will comply. The only time you have to change the dial plan in sip server is if you want sip server to insist on g729 and force the ua and destination to use g729.

Nick
vikkosung
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx for the answer at first. However, the reason why I am using g711 is that it did not work with g729 neither g723 before. The voice-router is Cisco. When I made g729 call from gateway to SIP server, I saw a "fail call" log in Brekeke SIP server and got busy tone.
And the Dial-plan g729 configuration you mentioned is only for outbound calls?
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brekeke sip server will relay g729. The Brekeke pbx needs a license for g729 but sip server does not. If a sip phone registered to the brekeke sip server calls out using g729, if the destination supports g729 it will connect. Same thing inbound, if a g729 call comes into brekeke server going to a sip phone registered to sip server then g729 will work. If it did not work for you then i would suspect either the phone or the remote gateway is not accepting g729.

You can force g729 using sip server dial plan both incoming and outgoing. But, if one of the end points is not supporting g729, then it will not work. Search the forum for the threads that deal with it.

Nick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1