Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

3rd Pary Database Help
chemicalx
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: 3rd Pary Database Help Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version:
BSS2.1 BETA
2. Java version:
3. OS type and the version:
WINXP
4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:

5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html :

6. Your problem:
We are currently evaluating BSS2.0 and is also looking into BSS2.1 Beta as well. We have used the supplied info using the 3rd party document that was provided for in the site. We are using mysql as well on another machine.

On BSS2.1 we noticed that there is another table to be considered which is the alias, do you now have the table structure for this so that we can test also that part?

Also we experienced BSS2.1 that the 'registered' table is being written to by BSS and we can see on the tables the registered users, while not seeing them on the web-based BSS admin tool
Also, we don't see the BSS2.1 writing on the 'user' table. But we see that the inputted users are visible on the web-based BSS admin tool, but not on the mysql database. Are these supposed to happen? Shouldn't the data be held by the mysql database while at the same time viewable at the admin tool, as we think that the admin tool then becomes a front-end to the mysql database?

Also after sometime, our softphones and voip phones, we notice that although they are registered, they can't make calls. When you restart the softphones or voip phones, you'll get the 'forbidden' message although they were working earlier. We have to restart the BSS to enable them again.

Would appreciate your help on this. Will wait for your prompt reply. Thanks and best regards.
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have set up 2.1.5.6 with sql server 2005 and the behavior is correct. I'm not familiar with the alias table, i don't have it in my sql database. I don't know what is wrong with your installation, I would double check the configuration since 2.1 appears to be ok to me.
chemicalx
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am actually using the same database table directory for both the registered table and the user table. On the registered table, I can see that BSS is writing data to it. However, when I add user through the admin tool, I don't see BSS writing to the user table, although I can see the added user on the users list on the admin tool.

My question really is, once you have activated the 3rd party database, do you now add users directly to the table or do you still use the user add tool on the admin tool?

On your setup, do you see your sql database contents on the admin tool as well?

Thanks for the reply, by the way.
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you use a third party database you can still add users thru the Brekeke admin and see them there. For instance, I add users using the Brekeke admin then I change users using my web based tool because I have added fields to the database that need to be populated. So, since the Brekeke admin screen doesn't contain these extra fields I added I have to go my own tool to populate them. There are some unusual field types in some of those records so you have to make sure you get them right in your database. Some binary date fields for example. So, as a test, delete your users, add them in with brekeke admin and then make sure you can see them in the database. Then, change one in the database and see if then you can still see it with the Brekeke admin. If not, the database is changing a field value that Brekeke doesn't like.

Nick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1