Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke PBX Forum

pbx behaving a bit like IVR
jimijani1982
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:30 am    Post subject: pbx behaving a bit like IVR Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version: BREKEKE 2.o

2. Java version:1.5

3. OS type and the version:xp

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:

5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html :

6. Your problem: does sip server has a vxml interpreter ?

i would like pbx to do the following .

1. pick up the call .
2. play a wav file asking for using input ( wav file is my custom wav file )
3. user enter some input ( dtmf ) , i would like to play some other wav files on different inputs .
4. for a specific input i want the call to be transfered to a specific extension .

is this all possible ? if yes how ?
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

You use the ivr to play wav files based on user input. If they type 1 you go to user 1 ivr and play user 1 ivr wav file. If they press 2 you go to user 2 and play user 2 ivr wav file. If they press three it can go directly to a users phone playing the original called users on hold wav file.
jimijani1982
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does brekekee has a vxml interpreter ?

also , i have not understood you answer correctly . please elaborate . what do u mean by user1ivr ? autoattendant of the user1 or what ?

does brekekee pbx has an ivr integrated in it ?

note : we are already using registered brekekee servers at our end .
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
also , i have not understood you answer correctly . please elaborate . what do u mean by user1ivr ? autoattendant of the user1 or what ?

Yes.

If someone calls user1 and it goes to user1 autoattendant, you can send them to user2's autoattendant for a sales ivr or user3's autoattendant for an accounting ivr. In that case user2 and user3 are not really users but ivr's. Perhaps the terminology of users vs ivrs is confusing but it should be clear now. So lets's say someone calls and you send them to user1 as the company default receptionist. You do this by putting ivr1 in the call forwarding in user1. It plays the ivr message and says press 2 for sales or 3 for accounting. If they press 2 they will go to user 2 where you could have put ivr2 in the call forwarding to make it go right to the ivr for user2, or you could have had it ring user2's phone for 4 rings then have it go to ivr if no one answered or was busy.
jimijani1982
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for clearing this for us .

now , let me make some new questions
#1 .
[ you could have had it ring user2's phone for 4 rings then have it go to ivr if no one answered or was busy.] what do u mean by ivr , elaborate please ?
#2. will the autoattendent of a user be available if two users call same user at the same time . e.g user2 and user3 calls user1 concurrently . will the autoattendent of user1 be played for both users ?
#3 how will i make actions like if user presses 1 [dtmf] go to user1 and if presses 2 go to user2 ? i dont find any such thing in the pbx , please help us in this regard.
#4 does brekekee has a vxl interpreter ? i mean i have vxml files will it process them ? if yes how ?
#5 can i call a web page page on some input say dtmf 1 ? if no what else can i do other than call forwarding

thanks in advance

[/quote]
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What i mean by ivr is that it is a user function.

A call can come to a user and go to their phone.

A call can come to a user and go to thier voicemail.

A call can come to a user and go to thier ivr.

A call can come to a user and be forwarded to another user.

Near the bottom of a users screen is a field titled ivr. Change it from none to "auto attendant" and more fields will appear. You get a call to go to ivr by forwarding it to %usernumber. So for example if you want user 100's phone ring 2 times then go to ivr you you change the ring time to 10, you put forwarding destination no answer and forwarding destination busy to %ivr100. If you go down to the very bottom of the user screen you can upload wav files 8000khz mono to your pbx to be played when someone is directed to %ivr100. It is multi channel so you can have many calls coming to the ivr simultaneously.

Look at the bottom of the user screen one you have turned on ivr. Look at the speed dial field. You can put there 1=110,2=111,3=%ivr112. This would send the call to 110 if they press one, 111 if they press 2 and 113's ivr if the press 3. If you want to do anything other than forward a call then you need a sip server dial plan plug-in which is a bit technical. I have a plug-in that looks up a callers name when they call our system to provide caller id name to our customers. Brekeke does develop dial plan plugins for users if you send sales an email with your specifications, they can quote you. However, you need to learn the whole system to make sure what you want to do can't be handled by the standard procedures.

Nick
jimijani1982
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi ,

we are facing some dtmf problems with sip pbx .

a user X called an other user Y , on user Y , we had forwarded it to some other user , say Z . on Z if X presses any button we dont recieve any dtmf .

please help .

Regards
Jamal.
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What devices are not able to send dtmf?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke PBX Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1