Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke PBX Forum

Outbound Caller ID
TrystanJ
Brekeke Junior Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Outbound Caller ID Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version:

2. Java version:

3. OS type and the version:

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:

5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html :

6. Your problem:
I will be using different DID's for different users.
I would like internal users to dial one another using 5 digit extension only.
If I create 2 users with the following setup, incoming call works:
User 1: 12345
User 2: 67890

DID Provider will send custom DID to 12345@domain.com even though DID is 1111111.

Call comes in to PBX like 1111111<12345@domain.com>

And User 1: can answer.

Same for User 2.

My question then is when User 1 or User 2 calls outside, how can I have their caller ID show instead of their extension? For example, User 1 calls out, it should show "1111111" (DID) not "12345" (extension).

I understand this is possible with workarounds like:
1) Creat User with full DID and not extension
-But this will make internal users dial whole number to call one another, not extension only

2) Create 2 accounts:
User: 12345 forwards all calls to User: 1111111
-This would require me to create 2 accounts for 1 user

I do not have incoming Dial Plan, only Outgoing, as DID comes through okay.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Trystan
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

You can set the caller id in the deploy of the ars. In the standard deploy for ars below the first $1 represents the caller name and the second $1 represents the caller phone number for outgoing calls.

"$1"<sip:$1@voipwell.com>

What you can do to force a caller id is change the first $1 to the caller id you want to use.

"1234567890"<sip:$1@voipwell.com>

Try that first and see how it works with your vsp. If it doesn't, then change the second $1 to the caller id you want to use also.

"1234567890"<sip:1234567890@voipwell.com>

That is how you force a caller id.

Keep in mind on the matching pattern side use sip:(.+)@ (for the from field).

If you want some users to use one caller id and other users to use another then set up two or more ars routes and instead of putting sip:(.+)@ as the matching pattern, put in a pattern that matches the user you want like sip:100@ and sip:101@ then set up the deploy the way you want it for each user.
TrystanJ
Brekeke Junior Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you again Voipwell. Issue is this:

When I put $1 in the From field, when calling out, I see "unknown caller"...I'm guessing because the internal user does not have an external or actuall number assigned to them...only an extension.

Putting in the DID in the from would cause all users to show this 1 DID.

I could create one ARS for each user, but I was hoping to have an easier task.

To be specific, in the testing phase, I have a Toronto DID (647) and an Ohio DID (567). I have created 2 users with the last 4 digits of their phone numbers.

Example:
Toronto User
DID 647-123-4567
PBX User: 4567

Ohio User
DID: 567-321-7654
PBX User: 7654

DID Providers have been set up as follows:
For DID 6471234567 > 4567@domain.com
For DID 5673217654 > 7654@domain.com

Looking at the above, each PBX user does not know their own phone number. They only have an extension. Using this setup allows me to configure the DID's remotely, and assign it to whichever extension necessary. Furhter, I do not need an incoming ARS.
It allows 4567 to call 7654 just by the last digits.

Both use the same Outgoing dial plan, ie. 9 first to dial outside. I have one ARS set with our Voip Provider's settings so all users can dial 9 to dial outside.

In some cases, I would like certain users to show their caller ID rather than a general one.

Hope this makes sense. So in order to force a caller ID, would I have to create an ARS with matching patterns for each user I wish to force caller ID for?

Thanks for your help as always.

Cheers,
Trystan
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

You will have to have at least set up two ars routes. One for each prefix you want to add to the extension number. They will need to look like this.

Toronto

Matching From

sip:(4567)@

Deploy From

"647123$1"<sip:647123$1@domain.com>

Ohio Matching From

sip:(7654)@

Deploy From

"567321$1"<sip:567321$1@domain.com>

Of course with many users you can still use 2 ars routes with matching syntax like this assuming all the toronto users start with 4.

Toronto Matching

sip:(4{4})@ or sip:(4...)@

Last edited by voipwell.com on Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrystanJ
Brekeke Junior Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again Voipwell!
TrystanJ
Brekeke Junior Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having issues with the general Incoming Matching Pattern and Outgoing Caller ID.

When I put the user's full extension in the Matching pattern, I can dial out. But if I remove some numbers and put for example (4...)@ to catch just the "4", I am unable to dial out. I tried a number of variations but nothing seems to work aside from putting in the entire PBX user.

As for outgoing, when I try to overwrite the default outgoing caller ID, I see "Unknown Caller"....again, I tried a number of variations, but nothing appears to be able to overwrite the caller ID.

I tried looking at a Java page from a previous post, but either I'm not reading it properly, or it just doesn't have the information required (eg. it does not state the meaning of ".+" or "$1" for example.

Thoughts?
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrystanJ,

Please copy and paste to this forum your ars entry that is not working. Change any sensitive info. These problems are usually something that you need extra eyes to see the problem.

Thanks
TrystanJ
Brekeke Junior Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Voipwell,

My settings are as follows:

General
Route Name: Voip provider
Description: None
Disabled: Unchecked

Type: Type A
Register URI: Not Filled
Proxy Address: Not Filled
User: Not Filled
Password: Not Filled
Group: Not Filled
Realm: Not Filled
Register Expire: 3600
Register Update: 90

Patterns In
-Nothing filled in as I'm not using this for incoming

Patterns Out
(Matching Patterns)
To: sip:9(.+)@
Plugin: Not Filled
Param: Not Filled
Return: Not Filled

(Deploy Patterns)
To: sip:123$1@ipaddress
DTMF: Not Filled
Target: Not Filled

(Parameters)
RTP Relay: default
Block SIP Info (DTMF): No
Session Timer: 0
Next Route on failure: No
Response Timeout: -1
Recovery Time: 0
Codec Priority: Not Filled
SEND RTCP: Off
100rel: Off
Disable on registration failure: no
Error Codes: 500-599
Disable on Failure: This route
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrystanJ,

You seem to be getting your from's and to's mixed up. Ok set it up like this.

Toronto

Matching From

sip:(4567)@

Deploy From

"647123$1"<sip:647123$1@domain.com>

Ohio Matching From

sip:(7654)@

Deploy From

"567321$1"<sip:567321$1@domain.com>

Matching to for both:

sip:9(.+)@

Deploy to:

sip:$1@domain.com

Caller ID deals with from not to. Do you see it clearer now?

Nick
TrystanJ
Brekeke Junior Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Nick,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I have the From and To set up as you mentioned, except that I have "123" before the $1 as you previously suggested.

The problem is that when I put anything else except the user's full pbx extension, that extension is not able to make calls. For example,
User's PBX Ext: 4567

Now, let's say I have other users:

etc...all starting with 4.

I don't want to necessarily create routes for each user...if that will be the case, I'll just create the PBX user as the whole phone number, rather than the last 4 digits and then work on mapping shortcuts if possible.

So putting sip:(4567)@ works, in that the user is able to make a call.

If I put anything else like sip:(4...)@ for example, to catch all users, User 4567 for example is unable to make any calls.

So putting in the entire user's PBX extension works in catching the user, but if I have 50 users, I don't want to create 50 routes.

For Caller ID, when I change the Deply From to what is mentioned below, I get a "Unknown caller". I tried a number of variations there as well, but the minute I put something in the Deploy From, the outgoing call does not show caller ID.

For example, I did the following:

1) Deleted User 4567 and created a new user with PBX extension 6475554567

2) Didn't put anything in the Matching From.

-User was able to make a call and the other side sees "647-555-4567" as the caller ID.

-Works, but will not allow me to have user's dial each others extensions only...willing to live with it for now.

Then as a test, I a put different Matching From, trying to catch either "647" or "6", but nothing worked. The only way this user was able to make an outgoing call was by putting sip:(6475554567)@ in the Matching From.

For Outgoing, as above, the caller ID showed "647-555-4567". To test, I changed the quotes to say something like:
"6471111111"<sip:6475554567@domain.com>

I tried variations of the above...basically, I was testing to see if I can spoof the Caller ID, because I know it can be seen, so I wanted to see what a change would do.

The minute I put anything in the Deploy From, the the caller ID on the other side shows "Unknown Caller".

I will test it again for a sanity check, and it must be something simple...putting something in the Deploy From does overwrite the default Caller ID, but does not populate with the new field...and it appears that the Matching From has to be exact...because I am unable to put wildcards.
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should download wireshark and see exactly is happening. See if the call is being sent to the provider and being refused and what exactly is being sent.
TrystanJ
Brekeke Junior Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure that will resolve the issue. The VoIP Provider does not reject anything I put through because it authenticates by IP..so the call being put through should not be rejected.

In this case, I was getting a busy signal immediately...like an unauthorized user was trying to access my system. In the call logs, the call doesn't even show as going out.

I just created full phone numbers as extensions (Because the caller ID field would not allow me to "spoof" the number) and am now working on different call routes. I had issues when I inputted more than 2 but I will attack again tonight.

Thanks for all of your help.

Cheers,
Trystan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke PBX Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1