Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke PBX Forum

Directory Assistance
Doug
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Directory Assistance Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version: 2.2.1.6

2. Java version: 6.

3. OS type and the version: Windows 2003 SP2

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:

5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html :

6. Your problem: Sorry for this basic question. I must not be searching correctly.

I am trying to determine how to have a directory asistance function on my auto attendant.

How do I do this?

Thanks.

Doug

hope
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the following links show how to customize auto attendant voice prompt and how to setup speed dial, operator for auto attendant
http://www.brekeke-sip.com/wiki/index.php?telepark.wiki=8c9d4e65
http://www.brekeke-sip.com/download/bpbx/v2_1/bpbx_admin_advanced_en.pdf
Doug
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have set up the AA. I have also set up speed dials.

What I am looking for is the ability to have the called enter a touch tone that takes them to a function that allows a name to be spelled. We have many people in the company and we certainly don't want to set up a speed dials for each or have a prerecorded prompt that needs to be changed when you add or remove someone.

This has to be dynamic based upon some user setting allowing them to be included in this type of search

Most AA's have this concept. Is this not available in Brekeke?

Thanks,

Doug

voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way it is handled in Brekeke is a pre-recorded company directory. You could get an application that maintains the company directory in a database and creates a wav file with an electronic voice but that sounds so asterisk like. Not very professional.
klicktrade
Brekeke Junior Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Brekeke User/Phone directory Reply with quote

You sounds like so against about asterisk; the answer was simple BREKEKE does not support! If it does post an instruction...

Even, if you get a third party program that generates wav files how would you program the PBX/AA to accept user's input to take as dialed by name or dialed extension.

CME the cheaper solution from Cisco "call manager" even able to do this.

Brekeke should consider this apps to be added since this feature is standard from all legacy pbx systems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke PBX Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1