Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke PBX Forum

3pcc issues
tmacdonald
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: 3pcc issues Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version: PBX 2.1.6.6 Basic

2. Java version: 6

3. OS type and the version: WIndows 2003 SP1

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved: Grandstream 200

5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html :

6. Your problem:
I am able to make the 3pcc feature work with both an external and internal number but I have two issues:

1. If I set the "to" number to an internal user with call forwarding, the system ignores the call forwarding setting and attempts to call a device having the specified number. In my case, the "to" number is a call group having no hardware extension, so the call fails completely.

2. As a work-around for item#1 above, I set the "to" number to a set of internal user numbers separated by commas (e.g. 141,142, 143, 144). When I do this, the call succeeds but all internal numbers continue to ring after the first internal party answers. If a second internal number answers, that party is conferenced in. This is not the behavior I need for a "click-to-call" service.

Tom MacDonald
hope
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is true. 3pcc doesn't go to see go to see "forwarding destnations/ no answer forwarding" and if you have two or more destination, it will be conference call.

It just works like that.
tmacdonald
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So can I suggest that this behavior be corrected. If the intent of the feature is to all customers to call a sales or help desk, the way it works now is not very useful.
Niggy
Brekeke Talented

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: 3pcc issues Reply with quote

tmacdonald wrote:

I am able to make the 3pcc feature work with both an external and internal number..

Hi Mr. Tom, Im trying to do a call between brekeke user & land line using 3pcc, but its not working with me!! so could u show me how u configured ur ARS & othere needed things, i'll b much appreciated..
thanks in advance..
peng
Brekeke Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got email news from Brekeke about 3pcc.

http://community.icontact.com/p/brekeke/newsletters/3pcc/posts/enews-june-08-3pcc
tmacdonald
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: 3pcc issues Reply with quote

Niggy wrote:
tmacdonald wrote:

I am able to make the 3pcc feature work with both an external and internal number..

Hi Mr. Tom, Im trying to do a call between brekeke user & land line using 3pcc, but its not working with me!! so could u show me how u configured ur ARS & othere needed things, i'll b much appreciated..
thanks in advance..

My ARS is pretty straightforward, "9" is used to route out to a VoIP service provider (Primus). In the 3pcc URL, I included the 9 prefix before the external number (from field).
tmacdonald
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peng wrote:
I just got email news from Brekeke about 3pcc.

http://community.icontact.com/p/brekeke/newsletters/3pcc/posts/enews-june-08-3pcc

Yes. I received this too. That is what prompted me to try the feature. Unfortunately as I noted, the feature is not very useful for accessing a help desk (or other hunt group) as currently designed.
peng
Brekeke Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>Yes. I received this too. That is what prompted me to try the feature. Unfortunately as I noted, the feature is not very useful for accessing a help desk (or other hunt group) as currently designed.

If you use pbx prefix, your scenario works.
If you want to call to 001, just call to pbx001.
Make sure if you have a rule "Pbx Prefix" at your dialplan.
tmacdonald
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peng wrote:
>Yes. I received this too. That is what prompted me to try the feature. Unfortunately as I noted, the feature is not very useful for accessing a help desk (or other hunt group) as currently designed.

If you use pbx prefix, your scenario works.
If you want to call to 001, just call to pbx001.
Make sure if you have a rule "Pbx Prefix" at your dialplan.

Thanks. This works.
(It would have been useful if this info was provided in the documentation!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke PBX Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1