Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

Does SIP Server Keep Sending SIP BYE Messages Until Acknow?
feinstei
Brekeke Junior Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Does SIP Server Keep Sending SIP BYE Messages Until Acknow? Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version:
SIP Server 2.3.6
2. Java version:
Latest from Sun
3. OS type and the version:
Windows Server 2003
4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:
Windows RTC
5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html :
Pattern 6
6. Your problem:
We use Windows RTC for walkie-talkie like communication between our fleet of 4000 trucks and our dispatchers. Our trucks use Sierra AirCards on the Sprint EVDO network. Sometimes, our Sierra EVDO Aircards don't hear the initial SIP "BYE" messages (telling RTC to hangup).

Here's the question:
Does the Brekeke SIP Server keep sending these SIP BYE messages until the client acknowledges them?

THANKS!

Fred Einstein
janP
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Brekeke PBX instead of Brekeke SIP Server because the PBX will resend BYE request by itself.
feinstei
Brekeke Junior Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your suggestion. I found (by experimentation) that the Brekeke SIP server will keep sending SIP BYE's every few seconds to the client until it hears back an ACK from that client. It does this for a couple of minutes and then terminates the session.

Thus, the Brekeke SIP server behaves like I want it to.
janP
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Fred,

Why I suggest that you use Brekeke PBX because Brekeke SIP server is a SIP proxy and not a SIP endpoint. .

Brekeke SIP Server doesn't resend BYE request by itself. ( Brekeke SIP Server resend only initial INVITE request.)

But Brekeke PBX is a kind of SIP endpoint.. so it will resend any SIP request.
janP
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder..

Are you using RTC client on a truck?
What kind of hardware are you using for it?
feinstei
Brekeke Junior Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again Jan,
We are using Sprint EVDO AirCards on our fleet of trucks. Our on-board computer uses RTC v1.3 PC_TO_PC communication on top of Windows XP Embedded to communicate with the Brekeke SIP Server.

As I said before, I have found through repeated testing that I don't need the PBX, only the SIP Server.

The SIP Server DOES indeed send repeated BYE's to the RTC v1.3 client until it hears an ACK (a 200?) back from the RTC Client. My EVDO reception on my truck-mounted client can go out of range and not hear anything at the time that the Dispatch workstation ends the call through an RTC IRTCSession::Terminate API.

The SIP server will send a BYE every 10 seconds or so until it hears an ACK response from the truck-mounted client. It will then conclude the session.
janP
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Fred ,

Thank you for describing.

Did you fix the issue?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1