Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke PBX Forum

Can Brekeke PBX calls Unregisterd SIP UA?
Niggy
Brekeke Talented

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:37 am    Post subject: Can Brekeke PBX calls Unregisterd SIP UA? Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version:

2. Java version:

3. OS type and the version:

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:

5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html :

6. Your problem:
Hi there, I wanted to know if brekeke PBX can calls unregistered SIP users?
Is it a must for a sip user agent to register first in the SIP server in order to communicate with other registered users?

Can I call a UA using IP?
thanks 4 all..
hope
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to accept call from unregistered ua to brekeke
need to add dialplan and ars pattern-IN to route the call to brekeke pbx ext

To make call from brekeke pbx to unregistered ua
need to create ars pattern-out to send call to unregistered ua destination ip:port
Niggy
Brekeke Talented

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:24 am    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

Hi hope,
Thank u hope that was pretty clear,
I wonder if u could tell me what should I add in the Dial Plan & ARS pattern-IN & the ARS pattern-out? I would be so thankful Smile

thanks in advance
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you direct a call to an unregistered user of course you just can't send the call to an extension number so you need to give the path of where you want the call to go to. for instance if user 1000 is registered you probably know how to send a call there but if not registered you must specifiy the full path like 1000@111.222.333.444 where 111.222.333.444 is an example of the ip address where extension 1000 is.

Many of us use carriers that do ip address authentication instead of login password authentication. That means the carrier will accept calls and send calls to YOUR IP address even if you are not logged into or registered to their server. There is no difference in sending a call to a IP Authentication carrier and a ata or phone not registed. Simply set up a ARS just like you would for a provider, Sip phone for example but don't put any register information at the top of the ARS. Leave it all blank. Then fill in the out pattern exactly like you would a provider that you register to. Exactly like.

For incoming ARS pattern, usually you put in:

Matching pattern To:
1234567890@

Deploy To:

For unregistered user to receive a call you simply change

Matching Pattern to:

sip:(1234567890)@

Deploy to:
$1@111.222.333.444

Where 111.222.333.444 gets replaced with the ip address of the unregistered user.

I think what you can begin to see niggy is that the people that designed this software are very intelligent and gave us a tool that we can form into anything we need to accomplish. In 5 years working with Brekeke i have never found something that i want to do that I can't as far as call processing. If the world knew this better, they would not even consider other products.

Take for example a situation i just was faces with.

My carrier was sending some, not all, calls like this:

Invite sip:1234567890;rn0987654321@111.222.333.444:5060

Well if i put in the ARS
Matching Pattern To: 123456789@

The call would fail because it wouldn't match.

So i changed my ARS to:

Matching Pattern TO:

Sip:123456789

And the calls now complete. So many packages can not be that flexible to adjust things so easily. To know Brekeke is to know regular expressions. I found an excellent cheat sheet for regular expressions.

http://www.addedbytes.com/cheat-sheets/regular-expressions-cheat-sheet/

You can download it for free, but if you love it you can donate a dollar or two for the effort this guy made.

If you look at the new brekeke version you will see sometimes two characters in the ARS and dial plans. ^ and $. This cheat sheet explained the ^ means the beginning of the string and the $ means the end of the string. Most of the other regex pages i looked for made it hard to find this information. It also gives you an indication how mature Brekeke is becoming because using these characters help speed up the time it takes to match patterns. They don't stop at adding features and fixing things, they also constantly look to increase performance. Ok, i am biased, but it is all true. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke PBX Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1