Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

Can't call outside lan.
ka2qhg
Brekeke Addict

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Can't call outside lan. Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version:Version 2.4.5.5
2. Java version:current

3. OS type and the version:win server 2003

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:linksys pap2, spa3102, spa9000,spa942 ect.

5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html :4

6. Your problem:Can't call outside lan.

I have my main network and two remote office setups.
The phones on our main office can call any phone on the lan, but if they try to call a remote office they get other side not found.

Remote office 1 can call any phone on their lan or any phone at remote office 2. They can not complete a call to the main office. Also my incoming did numbers can not call in.

I have open all the needed ports and it hasn't solved this problem.
I have checked them with PFPortChecker. My server has a fixed IP address and all phones are registering.

This worked fine when I first set it up, but started acting up after someone tried to hack my server.

hope
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The phones on our main office can call any phone on the lan, but if they try to call a remote office they get other side not found.

are the remote offices' phones also registered in the sip server?
is sip server located in main office?
Quote:
Remote office 1 can call any phone on their lan or any phone at remote office 2. They can not complete a call to the main office

what is difference when dialing between remote offices and dial between remote office and main office?
is there any dial plan on sip server?
Quote:
I have open all the needed ports and it hasn't solved this problem.

did you open port at sip server side or router on remote offices' sides?
ka2qhg
Brekeke Addict

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Can't call outside lan. Reply with quote

Hi Hope,

Main office uses ext. 6100 - 6129
Remote Office 1 ext. 6200 - 6229
Remote Office 2 ext. 6300 - 6320
The sip server is in the main office.
Ports at sip server side and router on remote offices' sides are opened.

Any phone at remote office 1 can call remote office 2 and any phone at remote office 2 can call any phone at remote office 1. But calls to the main office fail.
Main office can call any phone at main office, but can not call remote office 1 or 2.

When I first set up the server I had no problem calling any ext. from any other ext. I do use some dial plans, but they are more for caller ID generating.

I have installed a voip caller ID and my server and it shows the remote ext. that calls. The remote office phone gets a fast busy signal. If I call on the server softphone it either rings once and disconnects or it says other side not found. If I try to call a remote office with 6200@remote-IP:5060 it rings once and hangs up.

I am able to log in to the server admin from outside the network, and it shows all phones local and remote are registered.

hope
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are all of offices' ext (6100-6320) registered at brekeke?
are you using brekeke sip server only or brekeke pbx?
if make calls between main office and remote offices, what devices in between the phones at main office and remote offices?
ka2qhg
Brekeke Addict

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Can't call outside lan. Reply with quote

All ext, are registered at the sip server.
I am only using the sip server, no pbx.
main office involves server, router and modem.
remote office 1 modem and router.
Remote office 2 actiontec combo modem router.

hope
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there any dial plan for the call between main and remote office?
is the ext registered at sip server at the time call is made?
are all office router ips set as trust ip?
is caller phone codecs acceptable by callee?
how about change phone registration shorter? and at remote office router, set port forwarding to its phones?
ka2qhg
Brekeke Addict

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Can't call outside lan Reply with quote

I ended up reinstalling my operating system and the sip server. I now have no problems calling from office to office.
I haven't been able to figure out what the problem was.

Thanks for your help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1