Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke PBX Forum

Auto Provisioning IP Phones for MTE PBX
dannas
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject: Auto Provisioning IP Phones for MTE PBX Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version:
PBX 2.4.7.3 MTE
2. Java version:

3. OS type and the version:
Windows 2008r2
4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:
Cisco SPA5xx, Linksys, Snom, Polycom, Aastra, etc
5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html :
Pattern 9
6. Your problem: Remote provision new endpoints

====================================
I wanted to inquire as to what other providers using Brekeke MTE PBX are using to provision IP endpoints. Currently, there is not an auto-provisioning feature within the PBX leaving providers with a manual process (via gui or xml files) to provision new end points.

In an ideal world, this feature would be built into Brekeke so that when an extension/user is created, there would be an option to enter the type of phone and MAC address so that a template could be populated on the backend to allow for HTTPS/FTP/TFTP provisioning.

I do not know what the best answer is but wanted to start a discussion. Another option could be a stand-alone provisioning server, short term, with plans to integrate it into the PBX at a later date if Brekeke is interested. We would certainly be interested in contributing to such a project. Anyone else?

Idea
JasonIsrael
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: This is a Required Function for all SIP PBXs Reply with quote

Question If Brekeke doesn't have this basic feature I would like to know of a windows based tool that could create the files if nothing else (XML - CFG) and point to it with Option 66 in DHCP.

Question I am looking to have Brekeke support 500 phones that may grow to 1000 in a few months to a year, and I would like the Brekeke engineers have a tool like those in Asterisk (FreePBX) either internal or external that could be used to manage the phones that would be SIMPLE!

Exclamation I have worked on Mitel, Asterisk (FreePBX) and Cisco (CME and Enterprise) and this is a major gap in the feature set if this function cannot be supported, I am also looking for it to work in a batch process that would add users (lines/extensions) at the same time that can be revisited to do batch changes across many phones (including shared lines).

Jason Israel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke PBX Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1