Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

Using as passtru / B2BUA
sympology
Brekeke Addict

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Using as passtru / B2BUA Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and Version:
SIP Server 3.1.5.8

2. Java version:
1.7.0_13

3. OS type and the version:
WinXP (Test-bed)

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:
3CX (example) > BSS > Vertical Televantage and back

5. Your problem:
I'm pulling my hair our here, going to be blindingly obvious I know.

Ok what I trying to get is clients, for example softphones on pc's, tablets etc to hit the BSS and then onward to our PBX estate. For security reasons, we don't want the PBX's directly accessible to the outside world.
So I've set thru registration on and configured the 3CX so the PBX 10.x.x.10 is in PBX address and the BSS server is the outbound proxy (tried all variations of this).
Set up registered user on the BSS and tried that way.
I think the real issue I have is that in the 3CX I have to set the following to get to register with BSS
Extension: 1234
ID: 1234
PW: MyPW
For some reason on the BSS I can't have the Ext and ID different (this is what I think is going wrong for me)

This works ok and registers.
HOWEVER, the pass-through doesn't as I can't use the EXT as a ID feature on the PBX
so I tired setting on 3cx
Extension my.name
ID: my.name
PW: MyPW

Now this registers with both systems (with some setting changes on the PBX). HOWEVER, the problem now is the account on the pbx is looking for a user account of 1234, not my.name with which it registers.

No clearly I'm doing something wrong, I'm guessing I need a dial plan configuring to modify this, but I'm at a lost.

Now ideally what I like is:
External phone logs onto SIP server and no config for real server is entered on the client, only BSS details. Then automagically, the correct info is passed to the PBX (I can live with the same password as I notcied they can't be modified).
Then calling the PBX ext will ring the external client and the external client is treated as a SIP phone connected directly to te PBX.

Hope this make some sort of sense.
lakeview
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

> For some reason on the BSS I can't have the Ext and ID different (this is what I think is going wrong for me)

Set the [Auth-user=user in "To:" (Register)] = "no" in the [Configuration]->[SIP] page.

With this setting, you can use different name for Extension and ID.
sympology
Brekeke Addict

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi that seems not to work, I sort of got it working, but for some reason our server is treating it as 3rd party not as a local account.
The client it is registered ok, the URI is that of the Brekeke server i.e. 1234@brekekeserver.com:5060 (normal IP phone would be 1234@phoneip:5060) but it see's it as a system that's not actually attached.
The best I've got is to disable to authentication, then do it on a per client connection using the dial plan.
I've a feeling it may be the PBX that may be the issue, so I've got to do some digging,, but any suggestions would be great.
lakeview
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean you could make a register if you disabled the REGISTER-Authentication at Brekeke SIP Server?

Are you using Authentication at both Brekeke SIP Server and PBX?

Which PBX product are you using?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1