Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

Dial Plan to Connect to VoIP Service Provider Switch
JRayfield
Brekeke Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject: Dial Plan to Connect to VoIP Service Provider Switch Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and Version:

SIP Server 3.0

2. Java version:

Not sure

3. OS type and the version:

Windows 7 Pro

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:

3CX IP PBX connected to Brekeke SIP Server

5. Your problem:

I'm evaluating the Brekeke SIP Server to see if I want to use it for my VoIP Service Provider business.

As a test, I've got a 3CX IP PBX in my office registered to the SIP Server. That part works fine.

The connection between the SIP Server and my 'underlying' VoIP service provider does not require registration, but simply uses IP Authentication.

I'm not familiar enough yet with the Dial Plans, so I can't get the right ones set up to allow calls to/from the 3CX IP PBX to be routed to/from my 'underlying' VoIP service provider.

I would appreciate any help that someone can give me.

John Rayfield, Jr.

www.rayfield.net
Laurie
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will find a DialPlan rule what you need in the Tutorial.
http://www.brekeke.com/doc/sip/sip_tutorial_dialplan.pdf
KentC
Brekeke Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: Dial Plan to Connect to VoIP Service Provider Switch Reply with quote

JRayfield wrote:
1. Brekeke Product Name and Version:

SIP Server 3.0

2. Java version:

Not sure

3. OS type and the version:

Windows 7 Pro

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:

3CX IP PBX connected to Brekeke SIP Server

5. Your problem:

I'm evaluating the Brekeke SIP Server to see if I want to use it for my VoIP Service Provider business.

As a test, I've got a 3CX IP PBX in my office registered to the SIP Server. That part works fine.

The connection between the SIP Server and my 'underlying' VoIP service provider does not require registration, but simply uses IP Authentication.

I'm not familiar enough yet with the Dial Plans, so I can't get the right ones set up to allow calls to/from the 3CX IP PBX to be routed to/from my 'underlying' VoIP service provider.

I would appreciate any help that someone can give me.

John Rayfield, Jr.

John,

I'm not sure the ITSP you are using but I decided to read up on 3CX IP PBX since this popular, and noticed under "Add VOIP Provider Wizard" > "Account Details" is where you should be setting up your sip account information.

You said you have "registered" to Brekeke Sip Server from 3CX IP PBX but what do you have under the settings above?

If you were to use Brekeke Sip Server as an addition to your routing, you should setup THRU-REGISTRATION along with have the dial plan route starting from the extension # to the LAN IP PBX then routing still using that extension number to the ITSP/VOIP Provider using THRU-REGISTRATION over IP-AUTHENTICATION.
KentC
Brekeke Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Dial Plan to Connect to VoIP Service Provider Switch Reply with quote

JRayfield wrote:

my 'underlying' VoIP service provider

May I ask who is your ITSP? Do they allow REGISTRATION authentication option on your account CP?

If so, you should switch to THRU or UPPER REGISTRATION on Brekeke Sip Server and then use the same sip:uri to register the Brekeke Sip Server DIRECTLY to ITSP using the format sip:username:password@sip.host.com

That should now allow outbound. Doing it Inbound would come down to a matter of how you are pointing the DID. Go into your account CP and point the DID to your Brekeke Sip Server. From there, make a dial plan and bring into SIP Server, then point towards your 3CX IP PBX ext.

I'll stop there but that's how you would in simple terms make it route like a regular phone bi-directional.

IP Authentication didn't work too well for me when I tried on a few different ITSP. THRU REGISTRATION doesn't show up on ITSP CP usually but just know it works as expected if you dial it like phone number email address format: phonenumber@sip.host.com

Kent C.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1