Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

SNMP - Trigger failure
havard
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:07 am    Post subject: SNMP - Trigger failure Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and Version: SIP-server evaluation v.3.7.6.6

2. Java version:1.8.0_131

3. OS type and the version:Windows 10 Pro

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:

5. Your problem:
I have successfully installed Net-SNMP and may read SIP-Server status, but I can not manage to trigger a failure, to test if it is working.
Command run from Cygwin64 Terminal:
snmpwalk.exe -v 2c -c public <IP-address> .1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.2.1.100
Result:
UCD-SNMP-MIB::prErrorFlag.1 = INTEGER: noError(0)

I have tried to:
- Stop Brekeke service from Windows services
- ended all Java process from task manager in Windows. Did try to reboot Brekeke after that, and needed to start Java again, before Brekeke would start...But still got same result from SNMPwalk: noError(0)
- stopped Brekeke SIP-server from web.

Have tried both "proc java 0 2" and "proc java 0 3", with reboot o net-SNMP service when doing changes.

Any idea of how to test this, and what this is monitoring?
james
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you expect "an error" if the Brekeke SIP Server is not running?
havard
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thank you for answer.
In a perfect world I want an error for anything that causes the SIP-server to not work properly, and a phone call is not possible.
The phonesystem on a site may be unused for a long time, and it is important that everything work as expected, and I get a automatic feedback if Brekeke is not working properly, for instance if something goes wrong after a power failure.

My spesific question:
From Brekeke Wiki:
If the number of Java processes is 3, the UCD-SNMP-MIB::prErrorFlag (.1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.2.1.100) indicates 0 as OK.
If the number of Java processes is less than 3, the UCD-SNMP-MIB::prErrorFlag (.1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.2.1.100) indicates 1 as NG.

How may I trigger this to change from 0 to 1, to verify that our monitoring system is reading this correctly? We need to test all alarms, before handing over to customer.

PS! I have bought several Brekeke licenses, but are using the Eval version, to test in safe environment.
james
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let you try Unix OS such as Linux instead of Cygwin because "proc" may not work under Windows.

http://www.net-snmp.org/docs/man/snmpd.conf.html
It said:
Quote:
proc NAME [MAX [MIN]]
monitors the number of processes called NAME (as reported by "/bin/ps -e") running on the local system.
havard
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We did find an alternative method. Will test your suggestion some other time. Thank you for your feedback.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1