Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

Can't change Brekeke to look for "Java Default"
ajlindy
Brekeke Talented

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:48 am    Post subject: Can't change Brekeke to look for "Java Default" Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and Version: SIP Proxy Server 3.3.8.1

2. Java version: Java 6 u26

3. OS type and the version: Windows 2008 SP2

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved: N/A

5. Your problem:

In the WIKI it says you can change the settings for Brekeke SIP Proxy to use the default Java version if you are using Server 3.2 or higher. I'm on 3.3.8.1.

The issue is when I go to \<installed directory>\Brekeke\bin two things are wrong.

First, it's \<I.D.>\Brekeke\proxy\bin and second, it's not BrekekeSIPw.exe, it's tomcat5w.exe. When I double-click it, I get this error: "The specified services does not exist as an installed service. Unable to open the service 'tomcat5' "

So although Brekeke SIP Proxy is currently running if I update the Java version at all, it breaks. I would like to get the proper services installed and running so I can make the change just to use the default Java version and move on. Help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
james
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems your Brekeke SIP Server was upgraded from version 2 because the installed folder name indicates "proxy".

For using the default Java even if Java is updated, you need to install version 3.x freshly.

Here are the steps.
Quote:

1. Download the backup file from [Software Maintenance]->[Back up]

2. Note the product ID
If you don't know the product ID,
See http://wiki.brekeke.com/wiki/How-can-I-find-my-product-ID

3. Uninstall the existing Brekeke SIP Server

4. Download the latest version of Brekeke SIP Server
http://www.brekeke.com/downloads/sip-server.php

5. Install the new Brekeke SIP Server with the same product ID

6. Restore the backup file at [Software Maintenance]->[Restore]

NolanKo
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajlindy wrote:
1. Brekeke Product Name and Version: SIP Proxy Server 3.3.8.1

2. Java version: Java 6 u26

3. OS type and the version: Windows 2008 SP2

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved: N/A

5. Your problem:

In the WIKI it says you can change the settings for Brekeke SIP Proxy to use the default Java version if you are using Server 3.2 or higher. I'm on 3.3.8.1.

The issue is when I go to \<installed directory>\Brekeke\bin two things are wrong.

First, it's \<I.D.>\Brekeke\proxy\bin and second, it's not BrekekeSIPw.exe, it's tomcat5w.exe. When I double-click it, I get this error: "The specified services does not exist as an installed service. Unable to open the service 'tomcat5' "

So everyone should read this HGH-X2 review and although Brekeke SIP Proxy is currently running if I update the Java version at all, it breaks. I would like to get the proper services installed and running so I can make the change just to use the default Java version and move on. Help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

This worked for me. Thanks a lot James.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1