Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

&net.sip.loglevel.file doesn't work anymore?
uhupfeld
Brekeke Talented

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject: &net.sip.loglevel.file doesn't work anymore? Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and Version:
2. Java version:

3. OS type and the version:
Win7 64 Pro
4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:

5. Your problem:
I'm trying to find a reason for an SBC that is receiving from BSS only 407/403 responses.
For this I wanted to enable &net.sip.loglevel.file=255 in this specific route (or dial plan). Apparently this is not an option anymore, because when I try to choose this variable the system doesn't find any &net.sip.loglevel option. And when I force &net.sip.loglevel.file = 255, the line stays greyed out, not blue like the others.
Has this variable changed or been replaced? Or is it a bug?

BR

Udo
redroof
Brekeke Talented

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

> I'm trying to find a reason for an SBC that is receiving from BSS only 407/403 responses.

Who sent 407/403? If it is Brekeke SIP Server, you need to disable Authentication only for the SBC, or add SBC's authentication user/password at [User Authentication] page.

> And when I force &net.sip.loglevel.file = 255, the line stays greyed out, not blue like the others.

This is because &net.sip.loglevel.file is a minor variable so it is not listed in the selection.
Even if it is not blue, you don't have to care about it. The variable should work.
uhupfeld
Brekeke Talented

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BSS sent the 407/403, as the SBC is registered on the BSS.

Could be minor variable, but using it in the dial plan doesn't give me any extra info in the logs. I just don't find anything in the logs beyond the 403 and the 407 messages in the error log.
It doesn't say why, as I would expect for sv.xxxxxxxx.log. This file shows no info.
The Wiki explicitly states that if I use this setting in the Dial Plan i don't have to restart the BSS. Do I need to restart the BSS anyway to activate this log collection for this specific dial plan?

BR

Udo
redroof
Brekeke Talented

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, &net.sip.loglevel.file variable doesn't cover response returned from Brekeke SIP Server. It is for logging SIP session.

> Do I need to restart the BSS anyway to activate this log collection for this specific dial plan?

No.
Go to [Diagnostics]->[Debug Logs] page, select "Authentication/Radius" and push [Update] button.
It allows you to enable/disable the logging without restarting the BSS.
uhupfeld
Brekeke Talented

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I see your point.
Actually, I'm not looking specifically for the SIP messages, but for the reason for the SIP messages that BSS is sending, which is in the sv.xxxxx.log file.
I expected that by increasing the SIP log level (using &net.sip.loglevel.file=255) that also the 403/407 SIP messages show up in this file, along with BSS's Dial Plan decisions.
From what you are saying, they will not show up anyway in this file, right? (currently they are not there)
In this case, how can I find the sequence of Dial Plan decisions taken by BSS in the case of the 403/407 SIP messages, if not in sv.xxxx.log?

BR

Udo
redroof
Brekeke Talented

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

403/407 are auth related error responses so enable "Authentication/Radius" at [Diagnostics]->[Debug Logs] page.
The log file is the same, sv.xxxx.log.

> how can I find the sequence of Dial Plan decisions taken by BSS

For debugging DialPlan, enable "Dial Plan" too at [Debug Logs] page.
uhupfeld
Brekeke Talented

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello redroof,

I've enabled Dial Plan in the Debug Logs screen, but I still get nothing when the call fails with 407/403. Absolutely no information.
However, when the rule works and the call goes trough I get all the info I need.
This makes no sense, usually we need the logs when something doesn't work, to make troubleshooting. In this case we get logs only when it works!
What am I missing that I can't get the Dial Plan logs of failed calls in sv.xxxx.log?

Thanks for the help

Udo
redroof
Brekeke Talented

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you enabled "Authentication/Radius" at [Debug Logs] page?

As I told you, 407/403 are returned due to Auth failed. It means the error happens before DialPlan processed.

If it is hard to troubleshoot the issue over the user forum, I recommend you to contact Brekeke's tech support.
uhupfeld
Brekeke Talented

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I've checked "Authentication/Radius" at the [Debug Logs] page.
The information should be there.
Is it possible that the default log level doesn't show it?
How do I increase the level of logging of the BSS answers since you have mentioned that &net.sip.loglevel.file = 255 isn't adequate?
redroof
Brekeke Talented

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

> Yes, I've checked "Authentication/Radius" at the [Debug Logs] page.

Can you find "auth: NG" message in sv.xxxx.log?

> Is it possible that the default log level doesn't show it?

The default log level is 0 and it doesn't show detailed information.

>How do I increase the level of logging of the BSS answers since you have mentioned that &net.sip.loglevel.file = 255 isn't adequate?

255 is the maximum log level.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1