Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

Problems changing the SIP Contact header on my REGISTER
ecimin
Brekeke Junior Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:38 pm    Post subject: Problems changing the SIP Contact header on my REGISTER Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and Version: Brekeke PBX

2. Java version: Latest version

3. OS type and the version: Windows 10 Pro

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved: various SIP devices (Aastra, Grandstream etc)

5. Your problem: Problems changing the SIP Contact header on my REGISTER requests to the Voip provider via the Brekeke PBX.

I am testing a few different SIP devices via a Brekeke PBX with Upper Registration and Thru Registration enabled.

Below is my setup

SIP device -------Brekeke PBX ----SIP Trunk to Voip Provider.

The SIP devices are configured to register using the SIP account credentials provided to me by the Voip provider.

When I look at the REGISTER requests between the Brekeke PBX and the Voip provider, I see that the Brekeke PBX always sets the SIP Contact header to the IP address of the SIP device instead of the IP address of the Brekeke PBX. Is there a way to manipulate the SIP contact header in the REGISTER requests to the Voip provider in the Brekeke PBX so that the Contact header uses the IP address of the Brekeke PBX instead of the IP address of the SIP device? Basically, I want all SIP traffic to go through the Brekeke PBX only and not go from the Voip provider directly to the SIP devices.

Right now, I see that the Voip provider sends all inbound calls directly to the SIP devices because of the device IP is set in the SIP contact header on the REGISTER request.

Any help on this would be appreciated.
Tata
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you configured ARS at Brekeke PBX?

It seems REGISTER packet sent from SIP device skipped ARS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1