Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

Registration Failure
jgaud455
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject: Registration Failure Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and Version: 3.1.9.3

2. Java version: 1.8.0.45

3. OS type and the version: Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved: Avaya Session Manager, Spectral Link Handsets

5. Your problem: I've been trying to register my spectral link handsets extensions to the brekeke sip server. I keep running into "destination unreachable; port unreachable" but can telnet from another workstation to brekeke to open the port (5060). I have under the Sip configuration all forms of authetication set to "OFF" so the registration should succeed from the request being pitched from the handset using avaya session manager as per Rauland's nurse call integration's typically recommend.

Either way any help on this is greatly appreciated. I can also provide logs, so far from turning on registrar in the diagnostics this is what i'm getting:

2/25/19 - UPDATE - i am now getting a 403 forbidden request when the spectral link device tries to register with brekeke. I think it might be related that the spectral link device is trying to perform a "user-login" instead of registering.

Tata
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After you disabled "authetication", have you rebooted the Brekeke SIP Server? For applying such a setting, the SIP Server should be rebooted.

Also did you open the UDP port 5060 not only TCP 5060?

Have you connected Rauland to Brekeke SIP Server successfully?
jgaud455
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After you disabled "authetication", have you rebooted the Brekeke SIP Server? **Yes I have turned authentication off and have rebooted brekeke sip server

Also did you open the UDP port 5060 not only TCP 5060? **Yes, i've confirmed the ports are open and showing sip activity coming through.

Have you connected Rauland to Brekeke SIP Server successfully? **Currently the rauland bed stations and audio paths are successfully connected, I can also dial into them from a sip softphone with my laptop on the network/domain.

UPDATE -- I believe that the issue is network related. I was able to connect my 2 softphones from 2 different computers so registration seems to be working through the port for brekeke. When the spectral link devices try to register I do see in the sip message header of the registration in wireshark "Nurse-1169757", would that cause an issue if it has alpha symbols instead of just an extension number? Also the "SIP from address Host Part is reading the domain name (in the wireshark packet capture for the failed registration) instead of an ip address, not sure if that helps.

jgaud455
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see now in the wireshark captures that brekeke is not receiving the IP address of the registered device and more just the domain name.

Please see example below:

User Datagram Protocol, Src Port: 5060, Dst Port: 5070
Session Initiation Protocol (403)
Status-Line: SIP/2.0 403 Forbidden
Status-Code: 403
[Resent Packet: False]
[Request Frame: 2202]
[Response Time (ms): 2]
Message Header
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP (Spectral link IP:5070;branch=z9hG4bKd55935cfF40C0380
From: "Nurse-1169757" <sip:1169757@hhcsystem.org>;tag=F711060B-71F8DB4C
SIP Display info: "Nurse-1169757"
SIP from address: sip:1169757@hhcsystem.org
SIP from address User Part: 1169757
SIP from address Host Part: hhcsystem.org
SIP from tag: F711060B-71F8DB4C
To: <sip:1169757@hhcsystem.org>;tag=b713d88b3s
SIP to address: sip:1169757@hhcsystem.org
SIP to tag: b713d88b3s
Call-ID: 82a3504d-523a0c46-9354253b@(handsets ip address)
CSeq: 1 REGISTER

I think it may have to do with the domain showing instead of the actual IP address that brekeke would need to register?

Harold
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SIP Server doesn't know that the domain name is pointing to the SIP Server.

Put the domain name "hhcsystem.org" at the [Interface address 1 ] field in the [Configuration]->[System] page.

Or put the domain name in Windows's hosts file with the IP address.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1