Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke PBX Forum

Receptionist
administrator@ituitiveinc
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Receptionist Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version:

2. Java version:

3. OS type and the version:

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:

5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html :

6. Your problem:

I have a client using Brekeke. The want callers to hit 0 and be transfered to a different extension (the receptionist )if they get someone's voicemail.

How do I do this please.
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I haven't tried this but my best guess would be to send a caller to ivr instead of vm when busy or no anwer where the ivr can say press 1 to leave a vm or 0 to go somewhere else. If the caller presses 1 you speed dial to vmxxxx where xxxx is the extension number for that user or if the caller presses 0 you send them to extension that takes calls when people don't want vm.
administrator@ituitiveinc
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:29 am    Post subject: Where is the answer from the Brekeke support team? Reply with quote

zeroing out to an operator is a very standard feature....can Brekeke support please repy to this.

Ryan
job
Brekeke Addict

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do that with autoattendant. is not it enough for you?
cgwright
Brekeke Addict

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a number of "standard telephony" functions that Brekeke does not support well. You usually have to end up making some workaround, as has been suggested here.

My guess is that the Brekeke development team have a computer, rather than a traditional telephony, background.

But that is just my personal observation.
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way Brekeke handles transferring to an operator is much more powerful than just zeroing out to an operator. Their method give you the ability to zero out to an operator, transfer to a cell phone, chose an alternate extension, ...etc. I think the issue is you just like to do things the way you are used to. In three years of posts on these forums I have not found another complaint about this issue so many have adapted to this method of call control without any problem.

As far as Brekeke having a computer background I would agree. I'm very glad about that because most voip failed installations are done by traditional phone people that have many problems with the data side. Networking and computer skills are essential in a successful voip installation.

I don't think the aim is to support "traditional telephony functions" exactly as they were in the copper world, I think their aim is to improve on them. For after all, if the traditional telephony functions were good enough, you wouldn't be here, you would be still maintaing Avaya partner pbx's which are now obsolete.
commstechadmin
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ryan (administrator@ituitiveinc)

This can be easily be done thru auto-attendant feature of ONDO PBX. If you just read further the rest of the forum you will find out that ONDO can do a lot of things.
cgwright
Brekeke Addict

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="voipwell.com"]
I don't think the aim is to support "traditional telephony functions" exactly as they were in the copper world, I think their aim is to improve on them. For after all, if the traditional telephony functions were good enough, you wouldn't be here, you would be still maintaing Avaya partner pbx's which are now obsolete.[/quote]

Nevertheless, the tradition PBX manufacturers spent a lot of time working out what facilities customers wanted. Those customers still want to do the same things. I think Brekeke should look at how easily some of these things can be done.

Here's one:
The customer has 50-odd extensions. Some of these are in public areas, and must not have access to PSTN at all. Others are allowed only to dial "standard" numbers (e.g. geographical area code, toll-free and so on) whereas the boss can make calls to International or premium rate or whatever. Businesses really commonly want this sort of thing.

So how does Brekeke allow these (say) three classes to be created? As far as I can see it means typing some huge long string into the "Matching Pattern: From" box on the ARS route. Or am I missing some super thing that Brekeke have done?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke PBX Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1