Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

Port not Ready
Jamiel
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Port not Ready Reply with quote

When I start the brekeke service, I get a confirmation message saying the service has been successfully started.

However, the moment I check "server status", or go back to the "restart / shutdown" page, my server status shows as inactive. When I click on "start", I get a message saying "Port not Ready".

I am not behind any sort of firewall, nor am I using any sort of active antivirus processes.

Has anyone else run into this problem?
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Yes, many people have had this happen. If you post your os, java version and tomcat version I'm sure we can help you.
kgyula
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May be a softphone or a PBX software are using this port. Try one of the following:
- check which program use the port 5060, and stop running it
- set another port for Brekeke SIP server (in configuration menu), for example 5061 - don't forget to save after the changes are made!
amr_elsawi
Brekeke Talented

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear kgyula

I was try to change the SIP port from 5060 to 5061, but the system does not work, when I return to old one (5060), It was work again.

So I think the changing of the port will not solve the problem.

Thank you
Amr

Jamiel
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: OS Version Reply with quote

Hi, my OS is Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2

Tomcat version is 5.5.20 (the version that comes with Brekeke SIP Server 2).

Java version is 1.5.0_11
Jamiel
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: kgyula Reply with quote

Hi, I actually tried changing the port. Changed it to 5061, 7000, and a whole range of other numbers, all throwing the same error message...
kgyula
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: kgyula Reply with quote

Jamiel wrote:
Hi, I actually tried changing the port. Changed it to 5061, 7000, and a whole range of other numbers, all throwing the same error message...

In my case the port number change solved the problem. I used a PBX software on same computer which used the same port 5060. Now both are working fine.

Sorry, I don't have other idea...
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your pc behind a nat router? What did you put into interface 1 on the sip server config. If behind a nat router your should put your lan ip address into interface 1 and your wan address into interface 2. You should also set up your pc to have a static lan address.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1