Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

SPA-3102 and Hitachi IP-3000
amenitek
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: SPA-3102 and Hitachi IP-3000 Reply with quote

I am running Brekeke Sip Server Ver 2.0.7.2/217

Java 5 update 10

Windows XP Pro

SPA-3102 and Hitachi IP-3000

Network Pattern 1

I want to get the Ip-3000 and SPA-3102 talking Voip-Pots and Pots-Voip so I can make or receive calls on my Pots line with this VOIP phone. Is this possible? I currently have both devices registered with the SIP server by following the steps for SPA-3000 setup but have no idea what the next step is.

-Ben
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to set up and ars route to the pstn port of the spa using the sample gateway ars patterns as a guide. Calls coming in from the pstn are directed to an extension by the spa and need no setup in brekeke.
amenitek
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so I don't need to use Brekeke at all then? If I don't, the phone doesn't register to anything. Where should I find sample patterns?

Thanks.
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While the hitachi wireless ip3000 phone works well with Brekeke pbx, if you try to use it only with the sip server you can run into problems specifically due to a firmware bug with the hitachi.

It appears to me that if you invite the Hitachi to a conversation with multiple codecs in the accept header, if any of the codecs are not supported by the Hitachi it will refuse the call with a "406 unacceptable" response. So, if you are trying to call it from a pap2 make sure the pap2 is set for g711u only (possibly g729 also - not tested by me) so that the Hitachi doesn't gag on the codec choices.

What is frustrating is if you try to call it from an xlite softphone where you specifically limited the codec to g711u, the naughty softphone still presents the Hitachi with multiple codecs which it promptly chokes on. Routing the call thru the pbx prevents this as tested with v 2.0.

The best solution would be to purchase the Brekeke PBX (from voipewell.com) if that's possible Very Happy

Nick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1