Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

New VOIP Service
garsnow
Brekeke Junior Member

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: New VOIP Service Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version: Version 2.1.0.1 Evaluation

2. Java version:

3. OS type and the version:Windows XP

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:IP Dialog Sip Tone III

5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html :Pattern 1

6. Your problem:This is a new VOIP trial installation. I am first attempting to install one instance for test purposes. I have set-up X-Lite and the IP Dialog Sip Tone III to my PC. The two are communicating correctly. I obtained a VOIP number from Sun Rocket and know that it is intended for individual use but I would like to use their service for my business installation.
Can I use the Brekeke Server for this purpose or do I need to install the Brekeke PBX? And if I need the Brekeke PBX do I also need the Brekeke Server?
What are the steps required to complete the installation and trial.

voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Brekeke pbx includes sip server. In most cases you will need pbx. If you want any features like voice mail, call forward, schedules, ring groups, music on hold you would want the pbx. Sip server provides only basic communication between sip devices.

Nick
garsnow
Brekeke Junior Member

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Brekeke PBX Using Sun Rocker Reply with quote

I have a Sun Rocket account and an IPDialog Siptone III phone. Do you have the dial plan settings for these products?
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are using the pbx you don't need to worry about a dial plan in the sip server. Just use another provider's template in the pbx as a guide to setting up an ars for sr.

Nick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1