Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

Any Issues If SIP proxy uses different source/dest ports?
Spoke
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Any Issues If SIP proxy uses different source/dest ports? Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version:

SIP 2.0

2. Java version:

J2SE Runtime environment 5.0 update 11

3. OS type and the version:

XP Pro Version 2002; SP1

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:

Assorted SIP phones: D-Link, LG-Nortel.
Private network: proprietary hardware and SIP proxy software

5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html :

Pattern 7; SIP proxy in private network is proprietary s/w; Brekeke SIP server is on the enterprise side. NAT is enabled on the private network.

6. Your problem:

For enterprise phone to private network phone call, handshaking between SIP proxy and Brekeke mostly ok. Enterprise phone sends INVITE to Brekeke who forward it to SIP proxy who forwards it to the callee phone. When private network callee phone goes off-hook and sends 200OK w/Session Description message to SIP proxy, proxy forwards 200OK to Brekeke but Brekeke doesn't forward to enterprise (calling) phone and call not established.

We notice that proprietary proxy transmits on port 6001 (after NAT translation) but listens on port 5060. Any issue that Brekeke would not forward 200OK to calling phone if it recieves 200OK from port 6001 instead of 5060 since Brekeke sent the INVITE to sip proxy at 5060?

Thanks,
Jerry
l
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I don't think Brekeke can receive on both 5060 and 6001 so if brekeke is behind a nat you can try to use a port trigger to change the 6001 packets to 5060.

Nick
Spoke
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nick,

Thank you for the response. The packets from my SIP proxy to Brekeke have destination port 5060 as needed for Brekeke to receive properly. My question is whether Brekeke has issues if my SIP proxy sends packets with souce port of 6001 when my SIP proxy receives packets on 5060.

Does my SIP proxy sending/listening on 6001/5060 cause any issues for Brekeke?

Thanks,
Jerry
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I see.

Brekeke shoudn't have a problem with the source port since many ata's and ip phones use alternate ports after going thru a nat. I'm not sure what is causing your problem.

Nick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1