Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

Sip Server installed on a machine with two NICs
IVR
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Sip Server installed on a machine with two NICs Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version: 2.0.7.2/217

2. Java version: 1.5.0_11

3. OS type and the version: Windows Server 2003 RS vers.5.2

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved: NA

5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html :6

6. Your problem:

We have the SIP server installed on a machine with 2 NICs.

Although SIP phones seem to be registering as far as the SIP server is concerned, some of the UAs themselves are not able to. This was only resolved when one of the network cards was disabled.

We noticed SIP messages were passing through both cards and affecting UAs showing as registered with a local/private IP address. I guess the problem must have been due to a NAT issue.

My question is, how can we force the SIP server to send/receive messages to the IP address of one of the network cards only?

Thanks,
Lee
Willtsuru
Brekeke Talented

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To force the sipserver use a specific IP address just make:

1) Go to sipserver clicking on ''To sips erver'' tab

2) On the interface address 1 write the desired IP address to handle the sipserver.

3) set the Auto interface discovery = off ( this will force the sip server to work with the IP address of the ''Interface address 1'')

4) Restart the sip server.

Let me know if this solved your problem.

Thanks and good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1