Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke PBX Forum

PBX SIP service/server crashing
jfa
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: PBX SIP service/server crashing Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version:2.1.5.2/237, Pro

2. Java version:1.5.0_10

3. OS type and the version:Windows 2003 5.2

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:SIPURA. Two xxxxxxxxxx@sip.broadvoice.com accounts.

5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html : Pattern 2

6. Your problem:

We've been running the PBX since the earlyer 1.x releases and this is the first time we've encountered this issue.

Since the installation of BETA 2.1.5.2, (upgraded from 2.1.2.2) the SIP service has been sporadically crashing or shutting down by itself with no apparent reason.

What is worse is that the service cannot be restarted through the HTTP admin console and it reports a failure to restart either by doing and individual restart of the SIP server or Shutdown All/Restart All. The only way to restart it is to reboot the server.

It has been happening with no predictable pattern and at different hours of the day. Sometimes it runs fine for two or three days and then it shutsdown by itself haulting all our VoIP communications.

The Windows event log does not have anything recorded at the time of the crash that would match or report an error or event related to this problem.

Nothing has changed on our topology nor have we added new devices to the server.
The only changes are the addition of a second SIP account at Broadvoice, routine automatic service pack updates the W2003 server gets from Microsoft and of course the update to the latest PBX beta.

Does the PBX have a log that would possibly record the reason why the SIP server was shutdown?
Maybe there is an error or bug in the registration process of the two accounts at Broadvoice??

I still have PBX 2.1.2.2 but I have not downgraded in fear I may bring about other issues related to the downgrade. Should I downgrade to test?

Any insights, recommendations of what to look for?
Do you have a newer BETA that may be addressing this issue?

Thanks,
Fabrizio
peng
Brekeke Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will ask brekeke to release a patch for it.
slaider
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Same problem after two day working only sip server crash.

After restart all working fine.

Version PBX 2.1.5.2

Best Regards
Pasquale
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke PBX Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1