Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke PBX Forum

Evaluating, need advice
bposner
Brekeke Junior Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Evaluating, need advice Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version:

2. Java version:

3. OS type and the version:

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:

5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html :

6. Your problem:
We've looked at a number of Virtual PBXs for our Small Software Support group. We so far like this one the best, but need a quick way to set up the PBX with Softphone between a few laptops to do a proof of concept for Executive managment. What is the fastest way I can set this up. All internal network, not from the outside.

Any advise or suggestions would be appreciated.
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

That's great that you like Brekeke the best at this early stage, but as you get more involved with Brekeke you will find even more reasons to like it like being able to modify sip headers, the awesome ivr system, the reliability, total control of the flow of voice packets from your phone to the pbx or your phone directly to your vsp, and above all if you ever interact with anyone at the company you'll find them to be the most decent helpful people you ever dealt with.

The easiest way to get started would be to download the quick start guide here.

http://www.brekeke.com/products/products_pbx_quickstart_simple.php

Then, download the software which is 100% functional for 60 days.

http://www.brekeke.com/download/download_beta.php#pbx

I would pick the windows installer because it is the most simple to install.

Make sure you install the sun java sdk for version 1.5xx not version 1.6. before you install brekeke.

Here is a link http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index_jdk5.jsp

Pick the JDK 5.0 Update 13

Double click on the java installation program.
Double click on the Brekeke installation Program
When installing brekeke there will be an option to install the tomcat native routine. Make sure you expand the tree and select it.

Brekeke will install and ask you to reboot. Install xlite on your two laptops. Register your soft phones to the brekeke server with a user id (anything like 1000) a password (anything because pw authentication is turned off on the Brekeke server initially) and a sip proxy/register address which is the ip address of your server Brekeke is on. Call each other by dialing the other laptops user id. Done, and the adventure is just beginning. The best thing about Brekeke is as your knowledge grows you don't bump into limits with the system which is the hardest thing for a new user to understand. You just have to take my word for it.

Good Luck!

Nick
bposner
Brekeke Junior Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, this may be in the wrong place but will continue here. This is all new technology to me, so bear with me. I understand I need the SIP and the PBX and a Gateway from a provider to allow calls to the outside world.

Here's what we have. A small Software company support center 10 agents, including myself. We will be adding later shifts and will allow these agents to work from home a few days a week. I want to start by running the two PBXs together, the current POTS one and the Brekeke one. We have on main trunk where people call in.

If I was to set the Brekeke SIP/PBX up to hand calls, let say from the Pacific Rim, do I get another POTS line and point it to the Brekeke product? How is that done? Does the POTS line stay active once it's transfered to your PBX and to the Softphone? or is that line tied up until the call is dropped. Ok, I'm confusing myself now. Anyway you kinda have an idea of what we have and were we want to go, if this works we are going to move the whole company on to the VoIP PBX, but first things first. I've looked at all the documentation and am still reading... Smile
Thanks!!
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, you have an analog pbx and you want to start using voip with it. The easiest way is to start bringing voip calls into your analog pbx. The concept you must understand is that using analog limits you to 1 conversation to a channel. So, while you can receive many simulataneous calls into brekeke, you will be limited to how many digital to analog devices you have connecting brekeke to your analog pbx. Lets's say you an analog device with 1 port to bring the calls from voip/brekeke to your analog pbx. You would need 5 of them to be able to receive 5 calls from brekeke into your analog pbx.

If you don't use brekeke pbx/sip server and you decide you want 5 voip channels into your analog pbx, then you still need 5 analog devices to bring the calls directly from your provider to your analog pbx. So, you see, you don't need brekeke pbx to do that since it still requires the same 5 analog devices either way.

So, if you go out and buy (even from my website at www.voipwell.com) a pap2t ata you can hook it up to your internet and take the 2 rj11 ports on it and connect them to the trunk connectors on your analog pbx and now you have two channels of incoming voip calls going into your analog pbx just like two lines from your local phone company. This type of setup would require that your provider provide hunt services so that when the voip line is busy it hunts to the next. The better services (like mine) provide that. It's a good way to start in voip without too much hastle.

When you feel comfortable and want to take the next step then you simply have your voip calls come in to brekeke and then out of brekeke into your analog pbx using the same pap2t's. The difference will be instead of registering your pap2's to your provider to bring the calls into your analog pbx, you register brekeke to your provider, you register your pap2's to brekeke and the pap2's bring the calls to the analog pbx.

Keep in mind you can bring analog calls into your Brekeke pbx with an fxo device like the linksys spa-3102 so if you decide to continue to keep a combination of voip lines and pots lines, they both can live nicely together on your Brekeke pbx.

Next step would be trashing your analog pbx and either buying sip phones for the users or using your pap2's to connect brekeke to regular analog phones on each person's desk.

I hope this gives you an overview that will be usefull.

Nick
bposner
Brekeke Junior Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So for demo purposes I want to call on an analog line, have the Brekeke route the call the agent's softphone while on wireless network. I'm just trying to show Executive management how this will work, I need additional hardware?
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you restate what you want to do? I'm not clear what you are saying. When explaining it put it in terms of " i want to call from my current pbx and ring a soft phone on a company laptop on the same lan as brekeke server.

Thanks!
bposner
Brekeke Junior Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voipwell.com wrote:
Can you restate what you want to do? I'm not clear what you are saying. When explaining it put it in terms of " i want to call from my current pbx and ring a soft phone on a company laptop on the same lan as brekeke server.

Thanks!

Yes, that's basically what we want to do. We want to demo to Execs that a call coming in via a analog line can be routed through the Brekeke software to a softphone on the same lan AND on on a remote internet connection.

Thanks!!
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. I don't know about your specific pbx but I can explain how it's done on an avaya legend. The avaya has rj11 ports in it that represent analog extensions. These are ports that allow you to plug an analog phone in the pbx and have it act as an extension on the pbx. The regular extension on the pbx are digital phones that plug in with a rj45 plug. You can use the fxo port of a linksys spa-3101 to connect that analog extension port to the data network. From inside the company you dial that extension from another extension, it gives you a dial tone and then you dial the user number of the softphone regestered to brekeke to complete a call. The other direction is trickier. I have the softphone autodial the spa-3102's line extension(brekeke user number) and get a dial tone from the pbx. Then you dial the analog pbx extension you want to talk to. There are configuration instruction on the spa-3000/3102 on the brekeke interoperability web page. Unfortunately this demo will require one of the more complicated setups you well ever need. We do offer customers that buy the linksys from our website detail instructions on how to do it.

Nick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke PBX Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1