Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke PBX Forum

Failover / Hot-Standby
b.morgenthaler
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:57 am    Post subject: Failover / Hot-Standby Reply with quote

Hey,

we're using SIP Server 1.x so far in lab and it works very well.

Now, we are planning to use PBX 2.x for our complete company VoIP infrastructure.

My question: Is there some type of failover technique or hot-standby possibility. I know I can have a redundant PBX Server in standy with spanning-tree for example, but what about the licenses? Do we need to purchase the same license package twice?
Maybe there's some kind of cluster possibility?

Regards.

B. Morgenthaler

voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

This is exactly the same question I asked when version 2 first came out. I was told then that there is no provision for running one license on multiple machines even if one is a backup. However, I believe Brekeke is pondering the issue and will address it some time in the future.
b.morgenthaler
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

thanks! That's what I thought allready but it was just worth to know for the costs of our needs.

Regards,

B. Morgenthaler

cgwright
Brekeke Addict

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

Yes, we were considering the same question. If our organisation depends totally on Brekeke for its telephony, we must have disaster recovery worked out.

The 2.1 beta version has backup and restore! This is great, and is alone enough to get us to upgrade.

However, the activation is a worry. Let's say our PBX computer goes down with a hardware fault. We can quickly get another machine (any machine just to get things going), set up Brekeke then do a restore. Great. But what about activation? We will be installing the same licence on a new machine, so will this fail? I would guess it would.

How fast can we get in touch with Brekeke and get the activation sorted out? The support hours are 10am to 5pm Pacific time. So if we are in UK (we are) how quickly can we get our system back up?

Thanks for any information about this.
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

When i was addressing this issue i found that after doing a complete restore to another machine Brekeke didn't just lock you out. When they recognize a license problem the system defaults to basic version with a limited number of users for 5 days. I don't rememeber how many users though so if you have a big installation it could be a problem. However, Brekeke is very responsive so I can't see them taking very long 9am - 6pm pst.

Nick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke PBX Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1