Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke PBX Forum

retrieve voivemail
ashlyjay
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: retrieve voivemail Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version:undo sip/brekeke 1.5

2. Java version:

3. OS type and the version:windows xp

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:

5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html :

6. Your problem:
im having trouble retrieving the voicemail. say I have an account 203. In his configuration, I put 7203 in the "no answer/busy". But then, I cant retrieve it. I dialed 8*203.But I can only hear busy tone.

Your help would really appreciated.
jelly
Brekeke Talented

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please try to dial either 8 or 08*203 to
jelly
Brekeke Talented

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

which version Brekeke PBX are you using? if you are using 2.X Brekeke PBX, please put vm203 or check the voicemail box in the "no answer/busy"
ashlyjay
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

were using version 1.5. When ever I dialed the syntax you gave, its always busy. I also change the prefix of 8 to 5 from Option>voicemail review/setting preffix because we are using 8 to our quintum. so when I dialed 05*203 or 5. its always busy... Sad
colin2710
Brekeke Talented

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

I am version 2 and testing with extension 100

I have the similar problem, the only way I can get to the voice mail menu is to dial say 8# or 8 from the same extension (100). If I dial from any other extension (say 105) and dial 08*100# or 08*100 then I get engaged!!

Any one help?

Regards - Colin
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In version 2, the voicemail review problems you are having probably have to do with the fact that your phones/atas are having problems with the * in 08*100. Many phones do not pass on the * unless you provide for it in the phone's dial plan. The easiest way to handle it is to go to the ARS, click settings then disable mediaserver_prefix and enable old_mediaServer_prefix. Someone smart at Brekeke (which i think they all are Smile ) anticipated this and put the two methods of handling in there. Making this change the navigation reverts back to version 1.5 allowing you to type 8100 to review 100's voicemail.

If you are having trouble with 8100 reviewing mail in version 1.5 then either you set up an ars with a 8 prefix or the pbx might not be able to read the tones your phone is sending it. Check the sip server log right after you key in 8100 to see what the sip server received as the dial sequence. That would be a first step.

Nick
ashlyjay
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know where my problem is, I dont have a media prefix in my brekeke 1.5 ARS. Maybe our previous administrator deleted it. Thats why maybe that when I try to access the voicemail, it will reply a Busy tone.

Can you help me how to setup my media_server in the ars? I dont know what is the syntax in Matching patters and in deploy patters.
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

There is no media_server entry in version 1.5. The prefix is set in the config of the pbx.

Voicemail review/ Setting prefix 8

However there is a tomediaserver dialplan in the sip server that should be there. Here is the standard entry in that diaplan.

Quote:
To=(^.*sip:[678].{0,5}@.*$|^.*sip:media.*@.*$)

Place a 5 in front of the 678 and take out the 8 so it looks like this.

Quote:
To=(^.*sip:[567].{0,5}@.*$|^.*sip:media.*@.*$)

When you changed your prefix to 5 the dialplan only looked for numbers starting with 6 7 or 8 and was missing it. Now it should work for you. Sorry I didn't realize you changed your prefix to 5 in the last post.

Nick
ashlyjay
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thnx a lot.I can now access my mailbox by dialling 5203#. But i have a problem, where can I assign the password of mailbox. the attendant says that I need to input a password.where can I find the password?
ashlyjay
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i found the password,its only in the pbx users.

thnx a lot guys. Very Happy Very Happy
colin2710
Brekeke Talented

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

I found my problem - As we are in the UK, all telephone number begin with an "0", so we have a dial plan to send these call to a VOIP termination provider. But many of the default codes in the PBX also start with "0" - so "08*extension" was trying to send this call to the VOIP termination provider and NOT to the voice mail within the PBX.

I have solved this by changing the code by putting a extra digit in from of it - many thanks.

Regards - Colin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke PBX Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1