Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke PBX Forum

IVR questions / samples
colin2710
Brekeke Talented

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:52 am    Post subject: IVR questions / samples Reply with quote

Hi there,

I am evaluating Brekeke PBX/Sip Server and getting to the point where we will be buying a licence, however we are a little unsure of the IVR possibilities.

Does anyone know or have a IVR sample ? We are looking for something very simple like below:

- answer call

- offer options 1,2,3,or 4

- if 1, put call on hold and divert to external line and offer/announce call- with say "1 to except call on 2 to reject (send to voicemail).

- ect. ect.

Call anyone (members or Brekeke them selves) have a sample script?

Many thanks - Regards - Colin
colin2710
Brekeke Talented

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Auto Attendent Reply with quote

Hi there,

I see the samples link now works - Thanks to whoever at Brekeke that put them back - however these don't help me.

Does anyone at Brekeke or any users have any more information about how to use the Auto Attendant.

So far I have the basic - press 1, press2 ect. but I am trying to do an announced transfer to a external line (after pressing 1) to call the number and say "Incoming call" press 1 to except or press2 to send to voice mail - Any Idea's - PLEASE!!!

Regards - Colin
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colin,

It sounds like you have the ivr working for the caller but you also want an ivr played to the callee which allows them to accept the call or send it to voicemail.

Hmmm. I have never heard of that with Brekeke. Usually, people look at the caller id and if they want to talk to that person they pick up the phone, if not they let it ring until it goes to voicemail.
colin2710
Brekeke Talented

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: IVR questions / samples Reply with quote

Hi there,

We are replacing an 'old' IVR system - 4 port Dialogic hardware card connected to BT (our UK PSTN landline provider) with a PSTN system called FeatureLine (which is essentially just a hosted remote PBX). Calls come into our Dialogic card, where the server is running an IVR program called VoiceGuide (www.voiceguide.com).

As we have about 20 or so servers colocated in a data centre, we think it is about time to replace our 'old' system and go VOIP.

Our 'old' system answers the calls and prompts the caller to press 1, 2, 3 or 4 after which the Dialogic card puts the call on hold and sends the call to the appropriate extension by announced transfer. When the called extension is picked up, a .wav file is played to the callee with the name of the caller. This is done by a database script that looks at the Caller ID and if it exists in the database it plays a specific .wav file, e.g. fredflintstone.wav, which we record for each of our clients and which simply says the client's name.

So when we answer a call we hear something like "Fred Flinstone - press 1 to accept, any other key to send to voicemail". Thus, most of the time we know who is calling and can decide if we wish to accept the call or not.

The IVR system is connected to a SQL database and we have a website through which we can control it from anywhere. We can also change the destination and send calls to an external landline or mobiles - all controlled from the website.

We now have the Brekeke IVR working very well i.e. - press 1 for sales and it transfers the caller to our office landline or we can pick the call up VOIP. We can change the configuration very easily through the Brekeke web interface and we are very happy with this as it is, but would still like to emulate part or all of the Caller ID facility we had with our old system.

Your comment is a valid one - Quote "Usually, people look at the Caller ID and if they want to talk to that person they pick up the phone, if not they let it ring until it goes to voicemail". This works fine in the UK for both PSTN and VOIP, but we work abroad sometimes where the PSTN telephone network does not always forward Caller ID. However the Internet latency is long which means VOIP from the UK is not that good, so we use PSTN when abroad.

1) Does anyone know if the "forwarded number" or the "default operator number" can be a variable (say $divertnumber) could be set in any those fields?

2) Can a .wav file be played to the callee when the callee picks up the phone?

There are a few things more that I would like to do - too many to list at the moment. Very Happy

Sorry that the above is so long!!

Regards - Colin
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colin,

I think what you are requesting can be done with the sip server dial plan plug-in. In our case we had a plug in developed to take the incoming call's caller id number and do a lookup to display the callers name on the phone, since most usa carriers are too cheap to provide it for us. You would need the plug in to execute a java program that does just that for you. It's not trivial however. You can ask on the board here if anyone wants to develop it for you and you can make a request of Brekeke to develop it for you.
colin2710
Brekeke Talented

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject: IVR questions / samples Reply with quote

Hi there,

Thanks for that - have seen my other post?

See: http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=5349

Also I was looking at a post - See: http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=5355

I also get that some times - very strange.
I want to be able to get the voice mail of extention 100 from extention 200?

Again - Thanks - Colin Very Happy
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

answered here.

http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=5355
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke PBX Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1