Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke PBX Forum

Timeout on calls from PSTN via Patton gateway
cgwright
Brekeke Addict

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Timeout on calls from PSTN via Patton gateway Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version: V2.1.5.6

2. Java version: Latest (only just installed)

3. OS type and the version: Windows XP Pro SP2

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:
(1) Patton 4524 4FXO SmartNode gateway
(2) Grandstream Budgetone 200

5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html :

Pattern 2 (LAN plus PSTN gateway)

6. Your problem:

Everything works as it should, except we get calls cut off (disconnected) after 1 minute 20 seconds. Except only when coming FROM the Patton gateway. Outgoing calls TO PSTN from the IP phones go through and don't drop out.

I guess this is some "interoperability" issue between the Patton and Brekeke. The interoperability guide doesn't have anything to say about the Patton units.

Any idea what we might be looking at? The 1 minute 20 seconds is an odd time, and very consistent, so something somewhere has that as a timeout...

Thanks in advance.
cgwright
Brekeke Addict

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I see nobody has replied.

I think I have sorted this out myself, so I post this in case someone else ever looks at this.

I found the answer in the 3CX FAQ - the same problem is listed there and they suggest setting "Keep Alives" from the UAs. I did this on the Patton Gateways, and this seemed to fix the problem. Since the calls seemed to end after a minute or so, I set the option "force keep alives" and set the interval for 30 seconds.

I've also found this effective with the Grandstream Budgetone phones.

Hope this helps someone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke PBX Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1