Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

.Net Interoperability
khaynie
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: .Net Interoperability Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version: SIP Proxy 2.1.6.2

2. Java version: 1.4

3. OS type and the version: Windows XP/2003 Server

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved: Aastra SIP Phone, Dialogic HMP

5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html :

6. Your problem:
Is there any way that I can write a user authentication plugin in .Net? I have a very large system with a MS SQL Server database already in place. I have sophisticated I/O libraries already written in .Net which I need to use.

I was hoping that there might be some equivalent of your PAL product for your SIP Proxy product?? Does the PAL.DLL provide any interfaces for SIP Proxy? Could I use one of the Java<->.Net bridge products? Does anyone on the forums have any experience with this kind of idea?

Thank you in advance,
Kevin
Laurie
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAL is for PBX only...

so.. you need to use Java <-> .NET bridge if you want to create a plug-in by .NET.
khaynie
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your response, Laurie. I looked into using bridges, but it seems expensive and quite a bit of overhead.

I was thinking about just spawning a command line .net exe from Java and doing things that way. I think this should work. Do you know any reason why it wouldn't?

Also, does anyone out there know if there is some sort of interface/event where I would know when a UA has UNregistered?
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

It's much simpler than you might think. Use sql server as the sip servers database and all the sip server data is available to you. Authentication will be using sql server. You can look at the t_registered table to see if a user is overdue re-registering. Search the forum for "third party database" Brekeke has instructions for mysql and there are some posts for sql server. I have used both sql server 2000 and 2005 with no problem at all. Brekeke and SQL server are a great match. Rock Solid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1