Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

Accounting request packet modification. Removing realm
max_andrews
Brekeke Junior Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Accounting request packet modification. Removing realm Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version:
Brekeke SIP Server , Version 2.1.6.2

2. Java version:

3. OS type and the version:

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:

5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html : 9

6. Your problem:

We use the accounting plugin to send accounting requests to our radius server for billing. It perfectly send START and STOP accounting requests for each originating call. But the radius is not responding back for accounting requests. Shared secret and other parameters have been properly configured as propagated according to the readme text for accounting plugin.

When I open radius account requests packets, it have added realm after,
CALLING STATION ID and
CALLED STATION ID
MY QUESTION IS, How do I remove realm from above attributes? I want only to send calling station ID or called station ID to the radius. Radius will reply only if there are no realms for above values.

I had the same problem for auth request packet where realm is added to the username. There was a solution provided to make, radius.addrealmtouser=false which solved my issue. By removing the realm, radius was properly able to respond for requests sent by the Brekeke SIP Server.

Please help me. How do I remove realm from the radius accountig request packet for below attributes,
calling station ID and called station ID ?
Tata
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which Radius server are you using?

The Radius server should support the draft "RADIUS accounting for SIP servers"
http://www.freeradius.org/rfc/draft-schulzrinne-sipping-radius-accounting-00.txt
max_andrews
Brekeke Junior Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are using freeRadius.

We had the same problem for authentication requests. When authentication packets are sent to radius with realm added to the username attribute, the radius is not responding back. But when we remove the realm from the username attribute, the radius is responding. On authentication packets for realm removal of username, there is an option recommended by Brekeke. It is radius.addrealmtouser=false.

Same way on accounting request packet, realm is added to callingstationID and calledstationID. And radius is not responding for accounting request. And we believe removing realm from callingstationID and callingstationID will solve the problem.

Do you know how to remove realm from callingstationID and calledstationID on accounting request packet?
max_andrews
Brekeke Junior Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also want to add that the radius we are using is a live radius which is on production. We have other endpoints which send accounting request packets. We noted that none of our other endpoints are adding realm to callingstationID and calledstationID.

Please help to remove realm.
max_andrews
Brekeke Junior Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

on auth packet (Using sample authentication plugin)
for username attribute
realm is added by default.
If we add "radius.addrealmtouser=false" on sv.properties, realm for username will be removed.

on acct packet (Using sample accounting plugin)
for callingstationID and calledstationID attributes
realm is added by default.
How can we remove the realm for callingstationID and calledstationID?
james
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try another Radius server.

I am using Radius Cat.
http://www.svksoftware.com/Main/Default.aspx?tabid=65
max_andrews
Brekeke Junior Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot use another Radius Server. The radius we use is a live server which is on production. The radius server I'm using is freeRadius and it is the first recommended radius by Brekeke.

Please help to remove realm from callingstationID and calledstationID on accounting request packet..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1