Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke PBX Forum

recomendation for FXO & FXS needed
ilneyo
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: recomendation for FXO & FXS needed Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version: PBX 2.1.6..2 evaluation

2. Java version: 1.6.0_03

3. OS type and the version: win / xp

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:

5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html :

6. Your problem:

I have 8 pstn and 30 analog extention in my office.
the number of gateways in the Gateway Interoperability List in http://www.brekeke.com/support/support_interoperability_gateway.php is quite limited.

So i can not see any compatible device for my configuration.

Does that list cover the only devices compatible with brekeke or they are sample ?

What do you recomend form my needs that FXO for 8, and FXS for almost 30 extention.

Thanks in advance to all.
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Based on your post you appear to be keeping your analog pbx or at least your analog phones right? As far as the 30 extensions, if you are keeping analog phones you could purchase 15 Linksys pap2t's which give you two lines each. For the pots lines you do need an 8 port fxo unit. Voipwell.com has just finished compatibility testing of the Audiocodes mp118 8 port fxo unit with brekeke. The sound quality is superb. We do sell these units but haven't put them on our website yet because we only finished testing this week. Audiocodes has done a great job with these units. You could also purchase 8 Linksys spa-3102's but the sound quality is better on the Audiocodes.

If you are not keeping your analog pbx or analog phones we would recomend the linksys spa-921 or spa-941.

Brekeke only puts on their website units they have personally tested with Brekeke. However, we have found that many other phones and ata's work perfectly with their software. Unfortunately, this tends to lead people to believe that Brekeke is somehow not very compatible. This is just an example of the conservative attitude of Brekeke. They are very accurate and methodical about what they say and do. They don't make guesses about what will work, they only state what they are sure of. While on the surface it may have an adverse affect on some prospects, it has instilled a deep sense of confidence in their user base and partners.
ilneyo
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks to voipwell.com for their rapid reply and useful context.
For the moment i would like to keep analog phones because of their dect feature. Later on i'll switch to ip phone. I am testing brekere evaluation for 3 weeks so i want to be quite sure to purhase fxo & fxs and brekeke itself.
I think it is better to obtain at least have a fxo & fxs to complite my testing stage.

At the end of next week we are giong to move to our new office, hopefully with Brekeke Smile

Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke PBX Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1