Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

Routing Calls to UAs using full SIP URIs
mtucker
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Routing Calls to UAs using full SIP URIs Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version: SIP Server Evaluation

2. Java version: JRE Version 6

3. OS type and the version: Windows 2003

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:

Eyebeam

5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html :

6. Your problem:

My UAs register with SIP URIs like "fred@siptest1.domain.com". They also include a contact URI like "fred@192.168.1.103" in their registration.

I would like to call a client using its full SIP URI (like INVITE fred@siptest.domain.com) but I can only call a UA via its contact URI (fred@192.168.1.103). How can I make the SIP server resolve a UA's full SIP URI to its contact URI and route the call to the UA?

Thanks,

Mike
mtucker
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:45 am    Post subject: I figured it out Reply with quote

I needed to set up DNS so that the domain name for the SIP domain is associated wiht the IP address of the SIP server.
lakeview
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

Do you want to use "fred@siptest.domain.com" instead of "fred@192.168.1.103" in the INVITE's request-line?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1