Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

Client Registering with a local IP address
tnp20
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:15 am    Post subject: Client Registering with a local IP address Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version:

>> Brekeke SIP Server , Version 2.1.6.2 Standard

3. OS type and the version:

>> Windows XP

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:

Asterisk 1.4.10 is the client behind a full cone NAT (cisco 870 DSL modem) with Brekeke out on the public IP network (not behind a NAT)

5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html :

Asterisk 1.4.10 is the UA client behind full cone NAT trying to register with Brekeke SIP out on the public IP network.

6. Your problem:

When Asterisks registers with Brekeke as a SIP client, I see the following as the contact URI: sip:900288@10.0.0.10:5060 . This is the local network address of the Asterisk and not the public address of the NAT, hence the problem. Next to it I see that the requester IP address and port is correct.

Expires : 120
Priority : 1000
User Agent : Asterisk PBX
Requester : 216.XXX.XXX.58:26678
Time Update : Sun Apr 13 17:11:34 CAT 2008 Unregister

Is there anyway I can have the correct Contact URI and how do I get the calls to/from working for this Asterisk client.

Thanks.
Haddas
Brekeke Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi tnp20,

>> the requester IP address and port is correct.

If the requester's IP address and its port number are correct, the Brekeke SIP Server can reach a client.

If you can not make/receive a call still, please change the setting of the NAT traversal .

Go to Brekeke SIP Server's [Configuration] -> [SIP] -> [NAT traversal].
It is good idea to set shorter time in the [Interval] field.
tnp20
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: It worked Reply with quote

It worked.

The original problem turned out to be ATA I was using to call the number. That ATA was in the same local network as the Asterisk, with the Brekeke SIP server out on the public domain.

This was just a test scenario, in real life scenario, this ATA would be outside the NAT so I moved the ATA outside the NAT and it worked fine.
Haddas
Brekeke Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Im glad to know.

Are you a telephony provider??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1