Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

Registering and authenticating to an upstream SIP Server?
felixstorm
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:55 am    Post subject: Registering and authenticating to an upstream SIP Server? Reply with quote

Hi,

I am currently evaluating the Brekeke SIP Server as a SIP proxy to connect a Microsoft Office Communication Server 2007 to a SIP trunk provider. The main task for the proxy is to translate SIP/TCP to SIP/UDP and vice versa, but this should be no issue with the Brekeke SIP Server.

The thing that I have trouble with is on how to register and authenticate with the SIP trunk provider? The Microsoft Office Communication Server 2007 does neither authenticate nor register and also is not configurable, so upper or thru registration will not work.

Is there any way that the Brekeke SIP Server can register and authenticate on it's own to an upstream SIP Server?

Thanks and best regards,
Felix
james
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you want to register the Brekeke SIP Server in the OCS?

If you have a user account in the OCS, try Brekeke PBX's ARS feature
jelly
Brekeke Talented

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I suggest you should use Brekeke PBX, because using ARS is more easy to configure.
I am using Brekeke PBX with OCS 2007 too, I could use office communicator to make a call to PSTN or receive call from PSTN. Can your office communicator make call to UA which is registered to Brekeke SIP? by the way, i am using ARS too
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1