Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke PBX Forum

TCP ONE WAY
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:46 am    Post subject: TCP ONE WAY Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version:Newest pbx
2. Java version:

3. OS type and the version:windows

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:

5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html :

6. Your problem:

I am trying to run linksys phones in an open-mesh network. Only when i use tcp do the phones register. That's ok. The open-mesh blocks most udp traffic. The linksys phones send the rtp traffic tcp to the brekeke pbx/sip server. In the sip server i must convert to udp before sending to pbx. Unfortunately when the pbx sends rtp back to linksys phone it is in udp which gets blocked. Is there a way to send the packets back to phone in tcp just like received? Since there is only one leg in the conversation between the phone and the pbx/sip server, i don't see an obvious way to do this.
hope
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

may i know how you set RTP transport as TCP on linksys phone?
i can only set SIP transport as TCP on the phone.
and which open-mesh network are you using?
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Hope!

I set tcp on linksys phone by selecting the extension 1 tab and in the sip settings group i changed sip transport from udp to tcp.

That sets both the sip transport and the rtp transport. When i set that to tcp i can see the sip status saying rtp is tcp for the leg.

The network is open-mesch.com.

http://www.open-mesh.com/store/
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to solve the problem with open-mesh by allowing udp traffic thru them. If anyone wants the details i would be glad to help. However, since this is the first opportunity i had to work with tcp i'm concerned about the pbx receiving rtp with tcp and only able to return rtp by udp. This is not at all a high priority anymore, but i think we all will be finding more needs to run tcp. One reason is to help with inferior routers like netgear and belkin. For some reason, netgear's engineers haven't seen the need to make sure port-forwarding works with udp. Some hotel routers will only pass tcp. So, it would be nice to have this issue addressed. I haven't brought this issue up with Brekeke support because I'm not confident that I'm doing it right. So, if anyone has gotten the brekeke pbx/sip server to return rtp packets tcp i would still like to know.
Mike
Support Team

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi voipwell,

Thank you for the information.
We will research this in our lab.

Thanks
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

You still threre? Seems like the same people work at Brekeke forever. Must be a great place to work. Shin must treat you as good as he does me. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke PBX Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1