Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke PBX Forum

Newbie problem: PBX-boundled SIP server can't start
Handerson
Brekeke Junior Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Newbie problem: PBX-boundled SIP server can't start Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version:
pbx2_4_3_9 (trial version)

2. Java version:
java version "1.6.0_17"

3. OS type and the version:
WindowsXP pro sp3

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:
Grandstream BudgeTone-100 phone
X-Lite Softphone
LAN router

5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html :
Pattern 1

6. My problem:
I am starting to play the SIP and PBX servers. Following the instructionsn in "SIP Server Quickstart", I successfully installed the SIP server, did the configurations and can make calls between the softphone and the IP phone.

But I could not repeat the success with the PBX server.
First, problem in in installation. After i installed the SIP server(sip2_4_3_9.exe), I could not install the PBX (pbx2_4_3_9.exe). after i uninstalled the sip server, the pbx server could be installed.

Second, the pbx-boundled sip server can't start. I followed the instructions in "PBX Quickstart", Create PBX User Extensions, Setting Up a User Authentication Account, Setting Up Grandstream BudgeTone 100 and X-Lite softphone. But in the configuration page, http://127.0.0.1:28080/pbx/gate, I can only start the PBX server. When i clicked the Start button on the SIP server side, the popping out window said "Fail to restart the SIP server", and I could make call on the IP phone or the softphone.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
hope
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need to stop the sip server service first before install brekeke pbx
cannot run both at the same time and pbx already inculdes sip server
you donot need to install brekeke sip server if using pbx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke PBX Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1