Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke PBX Forum

Queue waits ringtime even if UA (phone) responds busy
gurrsoft
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:27 am    Post subject: Queue waits ringtime even if UA (phone) responds busy Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version:
Brekeke PBX, Version 2.3.8.2 , Pro

2. Java version:

3. OS type and the version:

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:

5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html :

6. Your problem:
We have a small callcenter with a simply IVR menu installed. It's barely more than a welcoming message and a queue. The queue is a simple User with multiple forward destinations set, in round-robin mode. Ringer time was originally set to 30 seconds (since then i tried to lower this value). We have 4 operators to answer calls, but most of the time 3 are in "do not disturb" mode (they simply press the Dnd button on the phones). The problem: When a customer calls us, he(/she) gets in the queue. From the queue the PBX tries to forward the call to one of our phones, but it gets busy because that phone is in Dnd. PBX at this points waits until the ring ringtime expires (30 secs) and only after that does it try to forward the call to the next possible phone. When it tried all 3 "busy" phones, it finally forwards the call to the single phone, that is not in Dnd (and is not busy, so the operator can pick up and talk with the customer). This results in a one-and a half minute delay (3 times 30 secs), through which the customer is hearing the music on hold (unnecessarily). We need to circumvent this delay as it is pretty harmful.
I tried to lower the ring time, but first problem was, that the PBX only tried each phone once, and never again while in queue (after 'Waiting time in queue' (90 secs) expires call drops to a different 'User' and from there enters the queue again). This i solved by entering all our phones (PBX users actually) number (301,302, etc) multiple times in the forwarding destinations box. The problem is, that our operators reported, that the phones only ring 1 or 2 times before the call "hops" and other phone start to ring (this was observed with 5 and 10 seconds set as ring time), so the operators simply did not got enough time to grab the headset, put it on, and accept the call.
A need a solution where phones which are active (not busy and not in Dnd) ring sufficiently long (the 30 sec would be okay), but phones in Dnd (or otherwise busy) don't 'block' the queue for 30 secs. Is there a solution? If you need more info on the dialplan or other settings, please ask, i will post them!

Thank you!
hope
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at round robin user, set "call interval (msec)" field a shorter time.
gurrsoft
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply! Call interval is set to 500, msec stands for millisec, right? If that's so, it should retry every half second. This can't be the cause i think.
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you post your que settings user and one of your end points users?
gurrsoft
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure thing; i hope screen shots are okay!

http://anubis.mw.hu/brekeke/queue.png
http://anubis.mw.hu/brekeke/550.png

On the screen shots you can see the current ring time is set to 15 seconds.
hope
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at round robin user, set both "ringer time(sec)" and "call interval (msec)" field a shorter time.
gurrsoft
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried it with ring time set to 5, and call interval set to 50, but the problem is the same. On phones, that are busy it still waits out the 5 secs, but on the one phone which is active it rings to short, and the operator can't pick up the call.
gurrsoft
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This problem is still unresolved. Can someone help please? The next big call - rush is near, i need to fix this by then...
hope
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

capture packets about the call and check if the phones with DND enabled respond with 487 or 480 to the incoming call.
gurrsoft
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply, i was away in the past days on other assignment, i will do the packet capture as soon as possible!
gurrsoft
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally i got to do the packet capture. The phone responds with 486 Busy Here. The sip flow is something like this:
1. brekeke sends invites to both the phone, and the voip trunk server
2. both party respond with 100 trying
3. approx. 10 ms after the 100 trying the phone send 486 busy here
4. brekeke sends ack to the phone
5. approx. half a second later brekeke sends cancel to the voip trunk server
6. trunk server responds with 487 followed by a 200
7. brekeke finishes with 200 to voip trunk

Then for the next 15 seconds (ringtime set right now) no further attempt from brekeke to any of the phones.
hope
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

create user at brekeke pbx for the number through the voip trunk server

set shorter time in round robin user / ringer time(sec)*
the ringer time in round robin user is the time interval brekeke pbx send invite to next user
how long each user should ring is set from each pbx user setting
gurrsoft
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You for your answer!

This i don't understand: "create user at brekeke pbx for the number through the voip trunk server"

In earlier attempts, when i have set the round robin user's ringer time to a shorter one (for example 5 secs), the phone(s) rang only once (surprisingly not for 5 seconds long, as expected) and the operators did not had enough time to grab the headset and accept the calls.

The phone's individual pbx user's ringtime is set to 90 seconds.
-edit-
Actually I just discovered, that some phone's ringtime is 10 seconds, for other phone's is set to 90 :S.
-edit-

I am getting more confused by the minute Smile.

I believe, that ring groups could be used, but the management does not want that.

The ideal solution would be, that for phones, that are not busy, the pbx waits - let's say - 15 seconds before it tries forwarding the call to another phone; in case of busy phones the delay before forwarding should be (near) zero. Can this be achieved? Please ignore my current settings for this question; if need be, I am willing to reconfigure the system completely to make it work the way I described.
hope
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. create a round robin user such as 1000, and set as
forwarding destinations*: 100,101,102,103
ringer time(sec)*:15
Waiting time in the queue: 50 (set as you need)
single attempt: no

2. create a pbx user for each number set at round robin user 1000 "Forwarding destinations*" field
create pbx user 100,101,102,103 and set each user
Ringer time(sec): 20 (or more if need to ring longer time)
gurrsoft
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My settings are practically match with what you described:

http://anubis.mw.hu/brekeke/queue.png
http://anubis.mw.hu/brekeke/550.png

The problem is, that even if a pbx user's phone responds with busy, brekeke waits out the 15 seconds. This is the problem for us, because half our operators work in the morning, half of them at the afternoon, so almost all the time half the phones are set to dnd.

I believe, that the ringtime 10 seconds (set at the individual pbx user) could not be the cause, or could it? Should it try to increase it to 20?

Last edited by gurrsoft on Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:15 am; edited 1 time in total
hope
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in round robin user/ forwarding destinations* field, it is enough to put 550,552,553,554 only, donot need to paste the same extensions many times
and create pbx users for numbers 550,552,553,554
try without "automatic monitoring" setting in each user setting for 550,552,553,554
ringer time in user setting for 550,552,553,554 can be longer than 10 seconds
gurrsoft
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have pasted the user numbers many times, because brekeke after trying all the numbers once stopped forwarding the call until the wait time in queue did not pass. It was more of a problem, when I was testing with 2 seconds set as ringtime; in 10 seconds all 5 phones were "tested" once, then in the next 80 seconds nothing happened. FYI: after the 90 seconds have passed, the caller hears a message (in 432A) saying, that all our operators are busy, etc; after that the call reenters the queue.
Should we be able to solve the busy/15 seconds problem, the above issue will most likely reappear, though for testing I can change it to only contain each number once.

The "automatic monitoring" is a later "addition", the problem surfaced before that, but of course I will remove it for testing. I was trying to rig something together to be able to detect where picked up calls ended up; so that after identifying the phone I can display information on the operator's computer screen, who received the call (just a database lookup based on the caller phone number). I know, that this is not the proper way, as far as I know, we would need to purchase a JTAPI license (right?), and write it in java, but that is not possible for now.

Well I am gonna try out as per your instructions, and will report back with the results (it will take probably some days though).

Thank you for your help!
KalWeeloMop
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Queue waits ri Reply with quote

If you have a call waiting on, then it will only wait for how long you have the voicemail timeouts set in your voipfone control panel. But you will need to make a change in your device, under Regional, call waiting, you need to change the 440-10;30.3/9.7/1 to 440-10;60.3/9.7/1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke PBX Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1