Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

Port not ready. Check firewall settings [CentOS 5.X FIX]
KentC
Brekeke Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject: Port not ready. Check firewall settings [CentOS 5.X FIX] Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and Version:
Brekeke SIP Server , Version 3.0.7.0

2. Java version:
java version "1.6.0_26"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_26-b03)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 20.1-b02, mixed mode, sharing)

3. OS type and the version:
CentOS release 5.8 (Final)

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:
Dell Poweredge 400SC

5. Your Problem:

Port not ready. Check firewall settings [No matter what you set the port to and restart Brekeke SIP Server! It times out, even if you change port multiple times and perform restart]

Do the following to troubleshoot and get your Brekeke Sip Server to restart and stay running.

Step 1.

Type "lsof -i:5060" [or whatever port you are using for Brekeke Sip Server] to view the process it's using

EXAMPLE:

Code:
COMMAND  PID USER   FD   TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
java    2741 root   44u  IPv4   8939      0t0  UDP *:sip

Step 2.

Type "netstat -nlp" [This should show you all the stats for your active connections on machine]

EXAMPLE:

Code:
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:5060

***NOTE: I had 192.168.*.*:5060 there before for some reason, after changing the port #. Brekeke would start and as soon as I turned the page,it would be inactive***

The following line above should show you the IP Brekeke Sip Server is using. If it's anything else, it will timeout on port like your actual IP address:port. I tried such and got that issue. If this is happening, here is the setting I used to resolve that problem:

[Configuration] > [Advanced] page:

[Put whatever port you setup in Brekeke, I used default 5060]

net.bind.interface = IP.ADDR.GOES.HERE:5060
net.net1.interface = IP.ADDR.GOES.HERE:5060

Step 3.

Let's stop the java process all together

"killall -9 java" or use the netstat -nlp to get the brekeke sip server process and type "kill -9 PID#"

Step 4.

Restart Brekeke Sip Server [from CLI using tomcat/webapp/bin/startup.sh path] [Type "Locate startup.sh" to find PATH]

Now your server should be using the exact port and IP as listed in advanced tab in configuration, and not be timing out when you restart the server.That's the problem I had. [You don't have to restart the server once this is done either.]

I'm posting this since I had this problem and recently figured these steps to resolve.

Kent C.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1