Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

Multiple Domain Questions / Confusion
cphillips.ia
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Multiple Domain Questions / Confusion Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and Version:
Brekeke SIP Server 3.3.8.1/379-7

2. Java version:
1.6.0_32

3. OS type and the version:
Debian Wheezy 64bit

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:
Polycom Phones, Asterisk PBX

5. Your problem:
I am seeking to use SIP Server for Upper Registration, Topology hiding, FENT, Media Relay, and general security in front of a few dozen Asterisk PBX's.

With just a few simple Dial Plan rules, registration works well, as do outbound calls, SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY, etc.

Trouble is, with multiple domain mode enabled (needed for inbound calls to reach UA's with the same ID's from that I read), the UA's register to the IP of the PBX (i.e 100@x.x.x.x) and that is the entry stored in SIP Server which makes it impossible for incoming calls (from the PBX) to find the UA (as that IP is not on the SIP Server). Is it possible to have the upper registration tag the UA in the system with the "To" field we use for the UA's register address?

I may approaching it wrong, so any advice at all would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a link to a locked thread where someone was having a very similar problem.

http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=4073&highlight=domains
taitan
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi cphillips,

> the UA's register to the IP of the PBX (i.e 100@x.x.x.x)

Do you mean REGISTER's Contact URI points x.x.x.x?
Is it a PBX's IP address?

Have you assign new IP address or FQDN to the SIP Server for multiple domain?
cphillips.ia
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply!

Quote:
Do you mean REGISTER's Contact URI points x.x.x.x?
Is it a PBX's IP address?

Yes, in the Registered Clients page they show the Upper Registration IP address (i.e the Asterisk PBX's IP not the IP of SIP Server).

Quote:
Have you assign new IP address or FQDN to the SIP Server for multiple domain?

Yes, the SIP server sits directly on a Public IP (y.y.y.y) with multiple FQDN's pointing to its primary IP for each Asterisk PBX (test1.xyz.com, test2.xyz.com, etc all pointing via public DNS to the SIP Server. I use a few simple dial plan rules to handle the Upper Reg and to translate the FQDN to the behind the scenes Asterisk server IP's (also Public IP's but ACL'd so only SIP Server can communicate with them). So this translation of test1.xyz.com -> x.x.x.a and test2.xyz.com -> x.x.x.b, etc works well but only in one direction.
taitan
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

> Yes, the SIP server sits directly on a Public IP (y.y.y.y) with multiple FQDN's pointing to its primary IP for each Asterisk PBX (test1.xyz.com, test2.xyz.com)

Are these FQDN (e.g. test1.xyz.com) assigned for the Brekeke SIP Server?
I mean.. does the DNS record of the domain point the SIP Server's IP address (y.y.y.y)?

If not, the SIP Server's Multiple Domain feature will not work.
The feature is for hosting multiple domains at a single SIP Server.

For handling your situation, you need to have some DialPlan tunings.
cphillips.ia
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Are these FQDN (e.g. test1.xyz.com) assigned for the Brekeke SIP Server?
I mean.. does the DNS record of the domain point the SIP Server's IP address (y.y.y.y)?

Yes.

test1.xyz.com, test2.xyz.com, etc all point to y.y.y.y (the BSS). From there they are routed via Dial Plan to use Upper Reg to the PBXes (x.x.x.a, x.x.x.b, etc.) but the registered clients show up in BSS as 100@x.x.x.a, 100@x.x.x.b.

Quote:

For handling your situation, you need to have some DialPlan tunings.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
taitan
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a support account with Brekeke, ask them to review your current configuration because your current DialPlan settings might be a reason of the issue.

Anyway.. if the domain "test1.xyz.com" points the SIP Server's IP address, and you added the domain name under the Multiple Domains settings,
you can make a register from a PBX with the request-URI "test1.xyz.com", and also you can make a call to this registered user through the SIP Server.
If you can not make a call, there are something wrong with the configuration.
cphillips.ia
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorted this out and wanted to post the resolution. It was a simple dial plan issue due to compound misconfigurations... I should also note that, in the end I did not even need to add the domains to the Domains list (since I am only using 1 IP/interface) just enabled multiple domains and let the dial plan do the rest.

Due to an earlier misconfiguration, Upper Registration was only working with:
Code:

Matching Patterns:
To = sip:(.+)@test1.xyz.com

Deploy Patterns:
&net.registrar.upper.allow = true
To = sip:%1@x.x.x.a
$continue = true

In single domain mode this worked fine (although just a wrong...), but in multiple domain mode it would show the Registered Client as 100@x.x.x.a, so it would not be possible for an INVITE from the PBX to find the UA since the IP x.x.x.a is not on BSS.

When I changed it to:
Code:

Matching Patterns:

Deploy Patterns:
&net.registrar.upper.allow = true
&net.registrar.upper.url = x.x.x.a
$continue = true

Things were resolved and the UA's were showing up in the Registered Clients list as 100@test01.xyz.com so it was a piece of cake to get the return routing configured.

This forum was critical to my rethinking it and forcing me to go back again and again and look at it differently.. Thanks for the help!
ambrosio
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey cphillips,

It seems your current DialPlan catches all of SIP request (not only REGISTER).

I think you need to have $request = ^REGISTER in the Matching Patterns like this.

Matching Patterns
$request = ^REGISTER
cphillips.ia
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ambrosio wrote:
Hey cphillips,

It seems your current DialPlan catches all of SIP request (not only REGISTER).

I think you need to have $request = ^REGISTER in the Matching Patterns like this.

Matching Patterns
$request = ^REGISTER

You are correct, it is configured with a request type (^REGISTER), and that is very important. I forgot to add it to the snippets, thanks for point that out, I would not want to steer people wrong.

Cheers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1