Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

BSS VM Linux Template
vaclav_prokes
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: BSS VM Linux Template Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and Version:

2. Java version:

3. OS type and the version:

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:

5. Your problem:

Hi,
is here anybody, who would be interested in building Linux based VMWare VM template of BSS incluting Open VSwitch for us ?

We are currently running BSS on windows, but want to save some money on licenses and improve performance by using Open Vswitch.

Thank you

Vaclav
lakeview
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have some experiences with Open vSwitch (OVS) on CentOS and Ubuntu for Brekeke SIP Server.
In the evaluation phase, we use KVM and VirtualBOX for simulating the above environments.

Are you interested in running both Brekeke SIP Server and Open VSwitch in the same VM guest?

For production use, I recommend that you use a physical machine for running Open vSwitch instead of VM environment because OVS is running as a kernel module.
skb007
Brekeke Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have been assigned a project to integrate OpenVSwitch.
I have BSS running on a physical server having Centos 7 OS. I have OpenVSwitch running on a separate physical server having Centos 7 OS.

We would like to make use of SDN/OpenFlow to run the RTP via OVS.

I have the lab setup ready and I willing to create and share the network diagrams etc. Any help and assistance would be much appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1