Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

Migrate BSS to new Windows Server
uhupfeld
Brekeke Talented

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject: Migrate BSS to new Windows Server Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and Version:
BSS 3.8.5.2/493-3 Standard
2. Java version:
1.8.0_161
3. OS type and the version:
Win7 Pro 64 bits
4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:

5. Your problem:
I want to migrate BSS from Win7 to Windows Server 2008 R2, as I suspect that some stops of BSS are caused by Win7. Rebooting Win7 usually solves the problem and I usually am not able to restart BSS from the web interface.
Problem is associated with number of calls: after a while it happens, and when I receive calls from call centers it happens faster.

To migrate all I need is:
a) Backup/export configuration of original BSS
b) Save CDRs
c) Setup new BSS under Windows Server
d) Move BSS license
e) Import/restore configuration from original BSS
f) Swap IP addresses
g) Copy CDR back
h) Backup configuration

Did I miss anything?

On a side question: is there a specific performance/stability advantage if I move from the standard to the advanced edition of BSS in situations of call centers (many, fast INVITEs, but small amount of CONNECTs)

BR

Udo
james
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

b) Save CDRs

Do you mean CDR settigns?
You don't have to copy CDR settings manually because the backup file also contains CDR settings.

d) Move BSS license

FYI:
http://www.brekeke.com/wiki/How-to-move-your-license

is there a specific performance/stability advantage if I move from the standard to the advanced edition of BSS in situations of call centers

It is what Advanced Edition does. Performance optimization features are available only at Advanced Edition.
Refer to the Edition Comparison.
http://www.brekeke.com/sip/feature-list.php
uhupfeld
Brekeke Talented

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello James,

Thanks for the prompt answer. As I use the system mostly as front end for another SIP system, to authenticate users and other proxies, and then generate the CDRs, most of the differences between Standard and Advanced edition aren't relevant for me.
Basically, I have to register the calls (cdr), send REINVITEs and do some NAT traversal for up to 60 calls (the other ones don't need traversal)

One thing, though, isn't clear: what are Thread Pooling and Sharing for Proxy and Registrar? I've seen from a 2009 graph that it should require less memory, but they were showing usage of 70 MB RAM for 4.000 calls and I will reach at most 200 calls. It is a small system, so a Windows VM with 2 cores and 4 GB RAM should be plenty.
And I have a backup of the VM.

That is why I thought that I don't really need the Advanced Edition. From the comparison I couldn't really see the increased stability of the Advanced edition.
Did I miss something?

BR

Udo
james
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it Brekeke SIP Server's CDR function? or its legacy call log?

> what are Thread Pooling and Sharing for Proxy and Registrar?

With Thread Pooling, SIP server pre-create threads before call/register activity starts. So it can reduce system overheads and delays.

With Thread Sharing, SIP server uses a single thread for handling multiple calls. So it can reduce system memory (because each thread consume some memory).

If you need more stability, Advanced Edition's system monitoring might help.
uhupfeld
Brekeke Talented

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm keeping it simple: when somebody needs CDRs I upload the BSS CDRs to the cdr2cloud service. From there I can even make invoices.

Small system means less resources needed, so I think pooling and sharing aren't that useful...

But monitoring is good! Where is the information regarding monitoring in the advanced edition?

Udo
james
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI:
http://wiki.brekeke.com/wiki/Monitoring-SIP-devices-with-heartbeat

If you point the SIP Server itself, localhost, it means monitoring the SIP Server.
With this function, you can also monitor another SIP system.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1