Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

401 Unauthorized Forwarding Registration From SBC
evzky
Brekeke Junior Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:48 am    Post subject: 401 Unauthorized Forwarding Registration From SBC Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and Version: Brekeke SIP Server 3.9.1.3/510

2. Java version: java version "1.8.0_201"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_201-b09)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.201-b09, mixed mode)

3. OS type and the version: 4.9.0-8-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.144-3 (2019-02-02) x86_64 GNU/Linux

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved: FreeSBC, standard yealink voip phone

5. Your problem: Hi all, I've got quite an intricate setup in terms of about I am forwarding my SIP requests to the Brekeke sip proxy. Essentially we have an SBC that routes our calls and forwards SIP sessions/registrations to a proxy. The request comes in on a public interface on the SBC and forwards to a sip proxy. We've been successful doing this with Asterisk but not with Brekeke as yet. We can register a phone directly to the IP of the brekeke server but we cannot do forward registration using DNS names. It comes back with a 401 unauthorized every time we try and there is no indication in the logs as to why it gave us the 401. Please can anyone advise here as to what other reasons we get a 401 besides username and password?
janP
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

> but we cannot do forward registration using DNS names.

Let the SIP server knows the DNS name.

Add the same DNS name in SIP Server's [Configuration]->[System] page -> [Interface address 1 ], and restart the SIP Server.
evzky
Brekeke Junior Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jan,

Thank you, that was it! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1